Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, today will see Cadden sign on loan from the soccer-tastic Columbus Crew.

Mega.
Really? WOW I will be so taken aback with this signing I never saw this coming, now I can say onwards and upwards up the U’s now watch us go. ?

He's a midfielder (right-side) who can apparently also play at right back. That's from my extensive knowledge of Scottish football (or I looked it up - one or the other!). If we put him up front then that will be a little bit of a desperate move...
I think we are with the lack of Strikers

Thanks for the contribution. Seems like exactly the sort of player KR likes to have. Not really sure where to play him.
It sounds like he’s a powerful central midfield player. Which means he’s perfect to stick at right back for a bit while simultaneously claiming he was signed by someone else, even though there IS no one else around to sign anybody. Then once results turn after a sticky patch, he can go back to being classed a midfielder who wasn’t signed by a ghost.

The question I have to ask, has KR’s mind been all about signing Cadden and he hasn’t looked hard enough at the areas which need addressing?

Oh, give over Bazzer.
Well it does look a bit that way with Cadden this Cadden that and with KR’s statement yesterday we hope to have one in before the Fulham friendly which was odds on to be Cadden but he has to work really hard for another 3 that he hopes to happen before the window shuts....... now if you’re happy with that @Marked Ox then I would be surprised.

The question I have to ask, has KR’s mind been all about signing Cadden and he hasn’t looked hard enough at the areas which need addressing?

Really? Is it not possible to focus on more than one signing at a time?

While I am not happy that we have gaps in key positions in our squad, this is a ludicrous suggestion. Cadden is just the signing we are closest to completing.

Well it does look a bit that way with Cadden this Cadden that and with KR’s statement yesterday we hope to have one in before the Fulham friendly which was odds on to be Cadden but he has to work really hard for another 3 that he hopes to happen before the window shuts....... now if you’re happy with that @Marked Ox then I would be surprised.

KR has hardly mentioned Cadden. And he has mentioned trying to sign a centre half and strikers as well.

Amazingly, I'm absolutely certain KR can multi-task as he has been at 1st team training and watched a youth team game on the same day as I saw him at the Youth team game. Plus he was further able to show his multi-tasking skills by eating and drinking whilst watching the youth team game.

If the deals regarding transfers and loans that have been talked about on here happen, Cadden certainly is certainly going to get that change our Motherwell poster recommends he needs lol

KR has hardly mentioned Cadden. And he has mentioned trying to sign a centre half and strikers as well.

Amazingly, I'm absolutely certain KR can multi-task as he has been at 1st team training and watched a youth team game on the same day as I saw him at the Youth team game. Plus he was further able to show his multi-tasking skills by eating and drinking whilst watching the youth team game.
Thanks for clearing that up for me ?

So, I still live in hope that we will get resources in in this window and we get this all sorted out before the start of the season, but in a worse case scenario (no more signings or departures), how would we line up?
Mousinho drops in to the centre-back slot alongside Dickie, Mackie leads the line with Henry in behind him. Whyte on one flank and Hall? On the other? Brannigan CM. DM Gorrin RB Jones LB Ruffels.
I haven’t seen Fosu so I will assume he is benched with Sykes. Have I missed anyone?

. Eastwood.
Long. Dickie. Mous. Ruffels.
Brannagan. Gorrin. Baptiste.
Whyte. Henry. Fosu.

As things stand, if everyone was fit, and (god forbid) we don't make the additions we need, that would be my starting lineup.
4-3-3.
In this formation, with whats currently available to us, and if (again, god forbid) we don't sign a striker, I'd like to see Henry play the central striker role, he's strong on the ball, can link up play intelligently, and is a good finisher, and him, Whyte and Fosu, could switch roles throughout the game if need be, to keep the defence guessing.

With Long and Mous in defence though, we'll be very vulnerable, but if Cadden does come in on this dodgy deal, on principle, I wouldn't use him as anything other than emergency cover, regardless of how good he is, I'd only want players in my starting line up who are truly committed, and not just here to keep themselves ticking over for a few months, sorry, call me old fashioned, but thats just the way I feel.

IF, however, he comes in on a season long loan, I'd be more prepared to give him a chance, and would start him in place of Long, although, regardless of length of loan, he still chose the MLS club over us, so we owe him nothing.

. Eastwood.
Long. Dickie. Mous. Ruffels.
Brannagan. Gorrin. Baptiste.
Whyte. Henry. Fosu.

As things stand, if everyone was fit, and (god forbid) we don't make the additions we need, that would be my starting lineup.
4-3-3.
In this formation, with whats currently available to us, and if (again, god forbid) we don't sign a striker, I'd like to see Henry play the central striker role, he's strong on the ball, can link up play intelligently, and is a good finisher, and him, Whyte and Fosu, could switch roles throughout the game if need be, to keep the defence guessing.

With Long and Mous in defence though, we'll be very vulnerable, but if Cadden does come in on this dodgy deal, on principle, I wouldn't use him as anything other than emergency cover, regardless of how good he is, I'd only want players in my starting line up who are truly committed, and not just here to keep themselves ticking over for a few months, sorry, call me old fashioned, but thats just the way I feel.

IF, however, he comes in on a season long loan, I'd be more prepared to give him a chance, and would start him in place of Long, although, regardless of length of loan, he still chose the MLS club over us, so we owe him nothing.

Would you play Ched Evans if he came here on loan? Or if Marcus Browne came back? Because every loan deal can potentially be broken in January. Or how about if Dickie doesn't sign an extension and is looking at signing pre contract deals in January? Do we bin him off as well?

While I certainly would play Cadden (if he ever actually signs!) if he is the best footballing option, there is a difference in the situation IF it is true that effectively his stay is limited to the time up to January. KNOWING you are going elsewhere in six months time is surely different to THINKING that you might be off? Of course, I suspect we actually won't be told any details so it will remain a point of uncertainty until the turn of he year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom