Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what its worth (and given the current mood, not much), my mate was sat in front of Cadden at Saturdays game. He was kitted out in full leisure/training wear.

Honestly, I think its a matter of timing and patience here, due to the complicated / borderline weird agreement which is rumoured to be in place for all parties.

Ill put a tenner on us either signing him or an algerian doppleganger, just to appease the forum.

I’ll take the whole squad, given their recent success ?

Great post.

Can the folk who are still writing about it being a tricky old summer, not much business done, our targets are waiting etc please please read this post from Ryan.

And with that, also not bother to tell us all to wait, again. How long is too late?

Other clubs manage it - there's no glossing that one up I'm afraid.

And also, I posted this morning about Ashton, and Ryan says the same, Karl is doing the best he can, but I don't think he's the one who should be directly doing the deals.

And I'll repeat. For anyone thinking also this is a tad frustrating, but all will come good, please pour me a pint of what you're drinking, and re-read Ryan's post.
Its not about all will come good, its about waiting for the transfer window to actually close before having a moan about what the club is doing.Day after day post after post of made up bullshit.

Karl’s interview on iFollow demonstrates the affect the current impasse is having. He’s been very jolly and positive up until this interview. Not so jovial now and he is a man that’s clearly very frustrated.

Is any progress being made? Karl’s demeanour suggests it hasn’t.

Karl’s interview on iFollow demonstrates the affect the current impasse is having. He’s been very jolly and positive up until this interview. Not so jovial now and he is a man that’s clearly very frustrated.

Is any progress being made? Karl’s demeanour suggests it hasn’t.

And so soon after our Dear Leader graced the K*$$*m with his presence - trouble behind the scenes? Feel for KR.

C'mon Billionaires Boy Club on the board, back ya man!

What a ridiculous statement. Is there only one game in a season, what happened to the other 45?

We can sign players after the Sunderland game, don’t we have until 2nd September?
Not really, we can get players in after but the players will probably need to get match fit like JM did last season it took him until December,

For what its worth (and given the current mood, not much), my mate was sat in front of Cadden at Saturdays game. He was kitted out in full leisure/training wear.

Honestly, I think its a matter of timing and patience here, due to the complicated / borderline weird agreement which is rumoured to be in place for all parties.

Ill put a tenner on us either signing him or an algerian doppleganger, just to appease the forum.

This was mentioned Saturday after my dad asked him when he was signing and he said soon

So now we’ve got to the stage where we’re questioning previous signings like Sykes, who’s earned a national callup during his short time with us and seemed a great player with a lot of promise whenever I’ve seen him play. Unbelievable.
I won’t be in the least bit surprised if he becomes the best of them all. A real talent.

At work I sit next to a relative of a midfield player who left us last summer for a Championship side. Yes, it’s one of them - there are only two who fit this criteria. He claims he was offered a new deal on £4,500 per week to stay and wasn’t interested. So I have a few questions - has the budget really been cut THAT strictly that we can’t offer similar money to anybody anymore? Because that is SERIOUS League One money. Do players not want to sign here as much as they used to, when we regularly cherry picked outstanding PL talent and convinced them to join us permanently on very reasonable wages? Or are we unable to actually get the job done properly anymore because we have nobody with any ability what so ever to ink the contracts? Even when Eales was looking to sell we still had people like Dave Jones heavily involved in negotiating deals. I believe Dave was still involved right up until the takeover and helped bring in Brannagan and the like.

Who have we brought in since the takeover (when Dave Jones and the remaining board members turned the lights off) who weren’t loans? Goalies? No. Centre backs? No. Left back? Nope, just one bad loan. Right back? Tony McManon and Cameron Norman. Nuff said on those. Centre mid? Sykes, from part time football and who in my mind is still nowhere near ready to play regularly, and Gorrin who just played one season in Scotland after years of drifting around the world. Also Hanson, for A LOT of money on a four year deal, who Robinson tried to say wasn’t his signing and was actually a right back, but now he isn’t and is a midfielder again. Wingers? Fosu just now, and Whyte from part time in NI who has turned into a proper gem - one roaring success there. Strikers? Just Jamie Mackie, who is on his last legs and never played as a centre forward (he was always a winger / wide attacker when he could still run), and who also signed on a deal that favours him actually being fit to play and which he signed because we suited him down to the ground geographically.

From what I’ve both seen and heard it’s now the sole responsibility of our own first team coach, our former teacher MD (where’s he gone lately, anyway?) and the bow tie wearing maniac to actually close deals. So how exactly are we supposed to attract decent, established players? Who is going to do the deal, negotiate hard and convince them this is the place to be? The person sitting on the other side of the negotiating table from the player is the most important part of any deal. That person makes or breaks it - they are more important than any stadium or training ground. Ashton was superb at it, Jones was largely very good at it also - who is doing that now? Peel back the loans and look at who and what we have signed in the last three windows in terms of our own players. Gavin Whyte was a lottery win, and thank god for him, but that’s basically it until we see how good Gorrin and Fosu actually are. We wanted to bring back several of the loans from last season and none of them wanted to come back. We have lost Nelson on a free, we lost Rothwell for modest compensation and had to sell Ledson who just didn’t want to stay the summer before. We got Eastwood to sign a new deal who then had his worst season for us and has sounded hacked off in interviews ever since, Hall got a new deal because he’s been injured for two years, Shearer got a new deal last summer and then it turned out he wasn’t even up to playing ten games anymore... incoming permanent transfers and players agreeing new deals in the last 12 months has been very underwhelming. And I think that’s primarily because the structure at the club is poor, and we have nobody who can actually negotiate to a really good level. We’re dependant on loans, punts and people the manager knows. We may be identifying others, but we sure don’t seem able to bring them in very easily on a proper deal.

We will know by the end of August where the problems are. In terms of transfers, I don’t think even I can blame it all on old Karl.

It’s pretty clear KR, like last year, is being left to do this by himself.

Identifying players is one thing but getting them over the line is another...MApp and Ashton clearly could convince. KR could get players on side and still is well regarded in the coaching world (I think!), but he has very little behind him supporting. Scouting in France, meeting players coming down from Scotland, the guy is putting in the miles and is obviously trying, but the structure around him isn’t there.

Weren’t whyte and Sykes recommendations of the N.I manager...that KR managed to annoy?

Isn't Tilt the subject of a 7 figure bid from a Championship club? Sure I read that Blackpool rejected 750k for him

It’s pretty clear KR, like last year, is being left to do this by himself.

Identifying players is one thing but getting them over the line is another...MApp and Ashton clearly could convince. KR could get players on side and still is well regarded in the coaching world (I think!), but he has very little behind him supporting. Scouting in France, meeting players coming down from Scotland, the guy is putting in the miles and is obviously trying, but the structure around him isn’t there.

Weren’t whyte and Sykes recommendations of the N.I manager...that KR managed to annoy?
you dont know any of that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom