Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had this model of investing and selling all our lives. No one was complaining when when the model worked superbly under Eales, Ashton and Appleton - we had Lundstram, Baldock, Roofe etc. It just coincided with a promotion.

All we needed to do was continue that but with a better pool of quality players available - instead we decided to throw away what we were good at and sign Tiendalli, Xemi, Williamson, Shearer, McMahon, Mackie (yes he's come to the party the last two months), etc. That's not going to see us kick on, never ever was it.

Just need to return to that. Tiger started to do it (Cameron B, Dickie, Whyte, Sykes) but it's been stifled by the McMahons and alike.

Dunno about stifled. U do need the older experienced heads along side the young sellable talent, mous, Mackie, kashi have proved invaluable additions off model.

We have had this model of investing and selling all our lives. No one was complaining when when the model worked superbly under Eales, Ashton and Appleton - we had Lundstram, Baldock, Roofe etc. It just coincided with a promotion.

All we needed to do was continue that but with a better pool of quality players available - instead we decided to throw away what we were good at and sign Tiendalli, Xemi, Williamson, Shearer, McMahon, Mackie (yes he's come to the party the last two months), etc. That's not going to see us kick on, never ever was it.

Just need to return to that. Tiger started to do it (Cameron B, Dickie, Whyte, Sykes) but it's been stifled by the McMahons and alike.

Dunno about stifled. U do need the older experienced heads along side the young sellable talent, mous, Mackie, kashi have proved invaluable additions off model.

The biggest headache for KR is going to be replacing Nelson. Love him to stay, but he owes us nothing. He’s given his all during his final season! Certainly been a model professional.

That said let’s hope we offer him a decent deal at least one more time to try and keep him here.

In our 2015-16 season, the season the model really worked, our senior 30+ players were Mullins, Wright and Skarz. The rest were young kids or mid 20's and saleable assets. The model worked. Roofe, Kenny, Baldock, Dunkley, Graham, Ismail, O'Dowda, Waring, Sercombe, Bowery and Maguire. Then we followed it up with Johnson, Hemmings and Ledson.

Not sure anyone can compare the model above with signing Mehmeti, Tiendalli, Xemi, Williamson, Richardinho, Shearer, Tony McMahon, Mackie and Kashi.

I can't see James Collins getting game time in the Championship with Luton.

Yes please, Tiger.

In our 2015-16 season, the season the model really worked, our senior 30+ players were Mullins, Wright and Skarz. The rest were young kids or mid 20's and saleable assets. The model worked. Roofe, Kenny, Baldock, Dunkley, Graham, Ismail, O'Dowda, Waring, Sercombe, Bowery and Maguire. Then we followed it up with Johnson, Hemmings and Ledson.

Not sure anyone can compare the model above with signing Mehmeti, Tiendalli, Xemi, Williamson, Richardinho, Shearer, Tony McMahon, Mackie and Kashi.
No ones comparing it bar u si, and u will remember mapp himself said he needed more experienced pros in the side when we did come up. What You have done in the last paragraph is list 2 seasons worth of older players, most of which were still under Darryl and the original plan. Under tiger and Karl I’d say we’re far closer to the 15-16 model, with dickie, branagan, whyte, Sykes, and more importantly now an addition of all the sellable potential coming through the academy, with only a few older heads, which unlike the tiendallis and Williamson’s of this world have proved their value massively in the last couple of months with their experience

The model is changing though and bringing in players from say Everton is now far more difficult cost wise.
The current model is to grow our own players.
So hopefully in 2 to 3 years time we will point to Jane's Lopez Jones Spasov etc.
In addition a couple of McNahon Mackie Kashi are fine in that model
Just not too many at one time

Pep completely broke the model, dragging in a bunch of journeymen, mates and never-weres. There's been some recovery, sure but based on KR's two transfer windows we're papering cracks with tinsel rather than building saleable talent. Maybe it will be corrected in the summer. Maybe the owner doesn't share the Ashton (for it was he, I opine) vision and has other plans for the club?

Pep completely broke the model, dragging in a bunch of journeymen, mates and never-weres. There's been some recovery, sure but based on KR's two transfer windows we're papering cracks with tinsel rather than building saleable talent. Maybe it will be corrected in the summer. Maybe the owner doesn't share the Ashton (for it was he, I opine) vision and has other plans for the club?

Yep.

I was responding Dave to the comments made previously that we have no ambition and are breaking up the squad. I have continually (see my posts over the last six months) defended Tiger from the accusation he has no money - pointing to investment and fees paid for Whyte, Sykes, Branagan and Dickie, let alone bringing in Graham.

Karl brought his mates in, it's not an agenda, it's a fact - Kashi has actually worked. My understanding is Karl also wanted rid of McMahon pretty quickly too and that was his signing when the recruitment team had other options. Pep was the problem and destroyed the model. The club apologised for that.

Get back to the model and we'll be able to do well again.

Yep.

I was responding Dave to the comments made previously that we have no ambition and are breaking up the squad. I have continually (see my posts over the last six months) defended Tiger from the accusation he has no money - pointing to investment and fees paid for Whyte, Sykes, Branagan and Dickie, let alone bringing in Graham.

Karl brought his mates in, it's not an agenda, it's a fact - Kashi has actually worked. My understanding is Karl also wanted rid of McMahon pretty quickly too and that was his signing when the recruitment team had other options. Pep was the problem and destroyed the model. The club apologised for that.

Get back to the model and we'll be able to do well again.
Kashi and McMahon that’s two players ? Hardly proving he’s going off model and bringing his mates in. Especially when it’s a 50% success rate [emoji6]

(Carruthers and Holmes too...)

Who ? Not seen um. [emoji23]. Although, it is slightly different on loans I suppose as they are always in addition to the model. As we will never have a resale value. Still think we’re getting back there, especially with the academy and u23.

Who ? Not seen um. [emoji23]. Although, it is slightly different on loans I suppose as they are always in addition to the model. As we will never have a resale value. Still think we’re getting back there, especially with the academy and u23.

I wasn't necessarily taking a contrary position, or even attacking Karl for signing who he did. A lot of transfers that seemed great on paper fell apart for all sorts of different reasons.

I don't think there'd be a fan out there unhappy if their team was performing well and contained a good number of promising graduates. Would love to see us back as a club with a reputation to be trusted with youth.

I wasn't necessarily taking a contrary position, or even attacking Karl for signing who he did. A lot of transfers that seemed great on paper fell apart for all sorts of different reasons.

I don't think there'd be a fan out there unhappy if their team was performing well and contained a good number of promising graduates. Would love to see us back as a club with a reputation to be trusted with youth.

Hopefully shandon is just the start of us being just that again. And with it brings the benefit of not having to buy in the talent, and we keep all the profit and sell ons

Here is a list of players that I think we could potentially get and would improve the squad.

RB - Facey (Northampton)
RB - Grimmer (Coventry)
LB - Golbourne (Shrewsbury)
CB - Tilt (Blackpool)
CB - Wright (Sheff Utd)
CM - Kasha (loan)
CM Forster-Casky (Charlton)
WM - Graham (loan)
WM - Carey (Plymouth)
AM - Fosu (Charlton)
CF - Hylton (Luton)
CF - Sinclair (loan)