Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an opportunity to speak to Marcus Browne post match. Asked him direct if he knew what he would be doing next season, "No idea" was the response.
Didn't expect to be given chapter and verse but, he seemed quite genuine in his response. I guess it is far too early to tell what will be happening to various players.
Would say that I appreciated any response and decent of him to exchange a few words with a random supporter.

Enobakhare from Wolves, currently on loan at Coventry, is probably the best player I’ve seen all season in L1. At their place the other week he didn’t lose possession once, and today he’s scored one and made one up at Sunderland. Wiki lists him as a forward but he’s a centre midfield player. If he’s gone on loan in L1 this season (also went to Kilmarnock in Scotland previously) then I’d love us to enquire about taking him next season. I know CM is probably the position we’re best stocked and covered in, but he looks a real player.

I’m personally not blown away with the idea of Browne staying in any form. He’s been actively poor since Christmas and seems to have a questionable temperament. He’s got numerous bookings this season through petulance and kicking out at people when he’s frustrated, and even though it looked perhaps a touch unlucky at Walsall, a red had been coming for him eventually. He’d already booted the ball away twice in that match and gotten away with it, and that sort of sulky and stroppy behaviour has been too common in him too often. He’s had a handful of really good games and got a few goals early on, but he really needs to sort his head out and stop losing it whenever things aren’t going for him. As it stands you’re lucky to get one good game out of half a dozen from him. He might learn, obviously, and he does have talent when he’s with it, but given we’re going to be tightening up and need the success rate with signings to be much higher, he would be an enormous risk. If it were even possible.

First of all I’d hope we can sign up some of the loan players. Continuity and all that. Can’t keep starting again. Apart from Kashi I’d push the boat out for Graham, he’s a lot more effective than Browne and seems a lovely and sensible lad. Sinclair is useful rather than spectacular but I’d have him back if it was possible

Last edited:
A few strikers I like the look of:
Tom Elliott - Millwall - Proper physical centre forward, adds something different in attack, would probably get around 10

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr - 23 year old with 23 in 30 in the Scottish Championship. Bit of a punt but could prove successful

Lee Gregory - Millwall - Natural goalscorer, would easily bag 15+, probably go to a Championship side

James Norwood - Tranmere - 27 goals in League Two this term, need I say more?

Elliot Lee - Luton - 10 goals in the league this season, could definitely do a job

Danny Hylton - Luton - Bring him back, please?

A few strikers I like the look of:
Tom Elliott - Millwall - Proper physical centre forward, adds something different in attack, would probably get around 10

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr - 23 year old with 23 in 30 in the Scottish Championship. Bit of a punt but could prove successful

Lee Gregory - Millwall - Natural goalscorer, would easily bag 15+, probably go to a Championship side

James Norwood - Tranmere - 27 goals in League Two this term, need I say more?

Elliot Lee - Luton - 10 goals in the league this season, could definitely do a job

Danny Hylton - Luton - Bring him back, please?

I like the look of Norwood but think his wages will be out of our reach.

A fair portion of strikers who have good seasons seem to come from no-where. I hope that is where we do our most effective scouting.

Norwood is L2 POTY! He won't be coming to us.

One thing I took from yesterday is that our two Northern Irish players look to be outstanding signings. Whyte in the running for our player of the season and Sykes has impressed me every time I've seen him. I don't know if we have some kind of 'in' to the Northern Irish market, but I would be very happy to see us go back to that well this summer.

Norwood is L2 POTY! He won't be coming to us.

One thing I took from yesterday is that our two Northern Irish players look to be outstanding signings. Whyte in the running for our player of the season and Sykes has impressed me every time I've seen him. I don't know if we have some kind of 'in' to the Northern Irish market, but I would be very happy to see us go back to that well this summer.

Mark Sykes confirmed on Radox that OUFC are still looking at the Irish leagues, and are asking him and Gavin their opinions of the young talent there.

Or sensible and lovely. Have you seen his Twitter? Seems a nice and funny guy and very level headed

He certainly plays a good PR game, but yes he seems decent enough on there. His lack of pace concerns me - particularly as his undoubted trickery doesn’t often lead to end product at the moment. I wouldn’t be upset if we signed him but equally, won’t despair if it’s not to be.

Was interesting that Henry walked off the quick very quickly yesterday - does seem like he might be off in the summer as others have suggested. Shame as he saved us last year and kept us afloat in the first half of this season but he was noticeably off the pace when he came on yesterday and he’s lost that goal scoring instinct. If he stays, hopefully he’ll turn it around but you wonder if Sykes will be occupying that position next season now.

I've always liked Tom Elliott.

I would have Joe Piggot too. Put him in our side and he'd be decent.

Tyrese Campbell if he’s available. Son of Kevin. Currently on loan at Shrewsbury from Stoke. He’s cored four goals for Shrewsbury and will have League One experience, ready to hit the ground running next season, which I think is vital for younger players.

Danny Mayor (Bury) too. OOC in the summer, best player in League 2 imo.

Doubt Bury will be able to offer him anything meaningful given their plight.

Jack Grimmer, a right back at Coventry looks to be leaving them at the end of the season.

Just looked at the top scorers in Ireland as that's where we're likely to do some business.

Patrick Hoban is leading the way with 29 goals this season...Surely worth a punt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom