Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on those aspects but a complete team no, ok no doubt there will be still another 4 weeks.

Yes Eastwoods injury was bad timing, we had a left back Luke Garbutt, we had a holding midfielder Jamie Hanson. We had Gabon Whyte who is a good winger we had Marcus Brown who is a winger, But alas Luke Garbutt wasn’t a left back Jamie Hanson Playing Right back, reality?
Won’t talk about the waste of wages in Carruthers and Holmes. And as for Smith!
We obviously trained so that can’t be an excuse, so the recruitment last season at the start was not retry poor, we know what we need at least 1 CB and 2 strikers but the later the close season goes on the less likely of getting quality and then we’re back to the situation of last season

I still feel that wont be enough. We need competition in all areas, real competition from players ready to genuinely jump into a starting 11, and hit the ground running. This as opposed to playing a youth player/U23, with as yet little experience. It's a complete false economy. A competitive squad numbers 21 minimum, that's allowing for injuries.

If other teams are able to do this, then why should Oxford fans be served up anything different. For once let's see tiger deliver on his promise of competitive budgets and competitive squads. Lets see this board support KR this season and not drip feed funds for players when they deem it is necessary.

I also honestly thought KR would be allowed to replace our assistant manager. I really don't know what faz brings to the table, but following his tenure in charge, and time alongside pep, it certainly isn't asst.manager material.

I still feel that wont be enough. We need competition in all areas, real competition from players ready to genuinely jump into a starting 11, and hit the ground running. This as opposed to playing a youth player/U23, with as yet little experience. It's a complete false economy. A competitive squad numbers 21 minimum, that's allowing for injuries.

If other teams are able to do this, then why should Oxford fans be served up anything different. For once let's see tiger deliver on his promise of competitive budgets and competitive squads. Lets see this board support KR this season and not drip feed funds for players when they deem it is necessary.

I also honestly thought KR would be allowed to replace our assistant manager. I really don't know what faz brings to the table, but following his tenure in charge, and time alongside pep, it certainly isn't asst.manager material.

I’m never too sure how anyone knows precisely the input of an assistant so what exactly is ‘assistant manager material’ that you know for sure we are not getting with Faz ?

Appleton clearly rated him (not to mention the national job and PL jobs) and results backed that up. In L1 we’ve hung around about where our budget suggests so what is it that he isn’t doing in your eyes ?

You don’t hear off any fall outs with players or staff and he generally seems like an affable character with bags of experience and a familiarity with Oxford United. I’d say he’s been a steadying and helpful influence towards Robinson and just because Clotet got the bullet shouldn’t suggest Faz is worthless.

We were 10th when Pep went, hardly in free fall and a suggestion that that the back room staff were messing up left, right and centre.

I’m pretty sure they said the budget would be a reduction on last season so negotiating for KR may be a little tighter and he’ll be a little more selective.

No need to panic at this stage we’ve added a few and we know what we need.

I’m never too sure how anyone knows precisely the input of an assistant so what exactly is ‘assistant manager material’ that you know for sure we are not getting with Faz ?

Appleton clearly rated him (not to mention the national job and PL jobs) and results backed that up. In L1 we’ve hung around about where our budget suggests so what is it that he isn’t doing in your eyes ?

You don’t hear off any fall outs with players or staff and he generally seems like an affable character with bags of experience and a familiarity with Oxford United. I’d say he’s been a steadying and helpful influence towards Robinson and just because Clotet got the bullet shouldn’t suggest Faz is worthless.

We were 10th when Pep went, hardly in free fall and a suggestion that that the back room staff were messing up left, right and centre.

I think the acid test came when he was responsible for coaching, when he was in charge of the team, we had an abysmal record. Bowyer was responsible for coaching under KR, so faz will have to step up to being in charge again. Based on his time in charge it doesn't instil great confidence.

I think the next week or so is important. Get a center back, center forward and probably a right back signed permanently then panic over as there is enough time for them to gel. Then some loan deals a little later as KR has indicated is likely then all will be well. But it needs to happen!

I think the acid test came when he was responsible for coaching, when he was in charge of the team, we had an abysmal record. Bowyer was responsible for coaching under KR, so faz will have to step up to being in charge again. Based on his time in charge it doesn't instil great confidence.

The list is endless of competent assistants who are failed managers. The two roles are chalk and cheese.

I've heard a whisper that we're close to signing a centre back who has flown under the radar so far! Sadly no more information but expected in the next few days.

What for more information, or this particular player...

But was it not said with the late additions last season not gelling which was blamed on our very poor start.

It may have been said but that doesn't make it true.

More down to injuries and a poor choice of starting XI IMO.

I'd also love to see Whyte play through the middle, maybe not starting but in the second half if we are chasing or winning and can play counter attack. He could be lethal just sitting on the halfway line waiting for a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom