Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps budgets are being revised in light of clarity relating to Season Ticket sales. Up or down.
That's a chicken and egg situation isn't it? Make some exciting signings and you sell some more season tickets, *look* as if you are going into the season with a threadbare squad with no top notch central strike force, a bloody great hole in the defence and too much reliance on what we thought were signed as U23 players and some people are going to be a bit more cautious.

Of course it is (all about opinion) but what often separates a lower league footballer is pace- and Sam Long doesn't have any. His positional sense is OK, but he's limited.
Pace helps of course but force full back? In my view there are far more important things.
Presumably you want Ruffels replaced as he has similar
That's a good signing for Lincoln.

Ambitious club.
I read that the Crowleys were really unhappy with the budget they had been given . They suggested that Lincoln were NOT ambitious enough.
You disagree with that clearly

I read that the Crowleys were really unhappy with the budget they had been given . They suggested that Lincoln were NOT ambitious enough.
You disagree with that clearly
You've inferred my post as an indirect criticism of Oxford, which it's not. I think that Jack Payne and Jorge Grant are good signings (though I'm not a great fan of Payne), that will likely be at the top end of the wage structure for normal L1 clubs. That looks like ambition to me, but as you know the definition so well, I'll defer to your magnificence.

Meanwhile, keep slurping the Kool Aid and have a super weekend.

You've inferred my post as an indirect criticism of Oxford, which it's not. I think that Jack Payne and Jorge Grant are good signings (though I'm not a great fan of Payne), that will likely be at the top end of the wage structure for normal L1 clubs. That looks like ambition to me, but as you know the definition so well, I'll defer to your magnificence.

Meanwhile, keep slurping the Kool Aid and have a super weekend.

I was just repeating what I read about what the Crowleys had apparently said.
I didnt see this in relation to Oxford at all.
And you have a lovely weekend!!

2 clubs managers leaked in the press in recent weeks have known to mentioned there not happy with there playing budget

1 being Birmingham’s Gary Monk so they sack him & put someone useless in charge

Lincoln being the other, a lot of interest in Cowley & he’ll want to keep his reputation sky high so could move on if he’s not backed (bit like Mapp)

Timing if this Grant signing makes me feel as if he could be the one that KR was expecting to join us and fly to Portugal.

So

So, we put Whyte into a central role - what happens if he gets injured, called up or sent off? We were lucky we had Henry last season on mega form.
what happens if we get a 20+ striker and that happens? all ifs and buts

Now I had a slightly different perception of that interview. Chris Williams is no mug and, having seen what has been posted on here and knowing the way the fans react to gossip and rumour, wanted to present something of an update. We all heard about the "Recruitment strategy meeting" we know that Tiger will be at the Glasgow game, we know that we still haven't signed a striker so, Chris saw it as an opportunity to get the message across from the "horse's mouth" that things are in the pipeline, KR is looking and places importance on that looking, for a striker and a CB.
The old adage goes that if you only have bad news, say nothing. However, this forum will put it's own spin on nothing!
So, I am willing to believe that the club is very actively searching for the right players but, those players have got lots of suitors and wily agents and are still playing the waiting game. Let's see who blinks first. Thing is, nothing we say or moan about will change a damn thing. It will be what it will be. Lets face it, we are not the biggest, richest club and if some other club is willing to pay more, then we lose out. Not for want of trying. And, keep in mind the financial rules on how much we can pay.
Will admit though, I hate this waiting and constant searching of the web for any news! o_O

My god man, I agree with you! Next thing you'll be saying is that you want to reserve a seat on the positive buss ;)

No need to stress about the number 10 role in my opinion. We already have better than the 2 mentioned anyway. Henry fits in better and in time Sykes will be better than any of them.

We also have Whyte and Hall who can play the number 10 role so that is actually 4 players who can play the role.

I'd say we are only 2 or 3 players light. A CB, a striker and a RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom