League One Train Set.......off the rails...

Any chance EFL will charge their governing body for bringing the game into disrepute. How have they not set sane guidelines? Bristol Rovers call off due to Covid infection and Sunderland don't. Rovers may be punished for not fulfilling a fixture and Sunderland risked spreading the virus and will face no punishment. Two points at this time is irrelevant in the big picture. The EFL governing body is just not fit for purpose. No guidance, no idea.

Have the EFL actually got any "rules" to deal with this situation? Or are they just relying on compliance with their framework?

Any chance EFL will charge their governing body for bringing the game into disrepute. How have they not set sane guidelines? Bristol Rovers call off due to Covid infection and Sunderland don't. Rovers may be punished for not fulfilling a fixture and Sunderland risked spreading the virus and will face no punishment. Two points at this time is irrelevant in the big picture. The EFL governing body is just not fit for purpose. No guidance, no idea.

Sunderland could play yesterday as their procedures/protocols at the training ground mean the whole squad wasn't at risk as they separate into bubbles a bit like KR was explaining we do on RadOx yesterday. It appears Bristol Rovers, Crewe and Swindon don't bother with such trivial protocols so I'd argue they are the ones who should be punished, not Sunderland.

Sunderland could play yesterday as their procedures/protocols at the training ground mean the whole squad wasn't at risk as they separate into bubbles a bit like KR was explaining we do on RadOx yesterday. It appears Bristol Rovers, Crewe and Swindon don't bother with such trivial protocols so I'd argue they are the ones who should be punished, not Sunderland.
Accept in a pure footballing sense but quite honestly that really shouldn't be relevant at this time. The problem is the EFL don't recognise the role has to be wider than just kicking a ball about in a field. Neither team should have played end of story.

Accept in a pure footballing sense but quite honestly that really shouldn't be relevant at this time. The problem is the EFL don't recognise the role has to be wider than just kicking a ball about in a field. Neither team should have played end of story.

I agree but I think Sunderland (and ourselves) are trying to do it correctly and the FL let Sunderland down when they asked the question before the game. Whereas the others have been slapdash with procedures at the Training Ground etc if the rumours are true. The FL manangement really need to set clear and stronger protocols outside of just matchday.

Back
Top Bottom