Conference Conference Play Off Final at London Stadium........ bargain

Essexyellows

Tickets for the National League playoff final will go on general sale from 4pm today.

Solihull Moors will face Grimsby Town at the London Stadium on Sunday 5th June for a place in League 2.

Adult tickets will cost £40-£45 (plus booking fees). :oops:

Once again London bias in the venue, I'm sure Grimsby fans are delighted to have to go down there.

Once again London bias in the venue, I'm sure Grimsby fans are delighted to have to go down there.

Tbf, the final is always in London so not a surprise. The thread on the Wrexham forum complaining about it before the season finished was amusing and almost Sunderland forum-esque.

On the prices, didn't we pay somewhere between £30-£35 back in 2010 (as well as the ridiculous booking fees to Seetickets (iirc))?

Tbf, the final is always in London so not a surprise. The thread on the Wrexham forum complaining about it before the season finished was amusing and almost Sunderland forum-esque.

On the prices, didn't we pay somewhere between £30-£35 back in 2010 (as well as the ridiculous booking fees to Seetickets (iirc))?

Yes we did, the 95p charge to deliver an Eticket is a complete joke too.

Tickets for the National League playoff final will go on general sale from 4pm today.

Solihull Moors will face Grimsby Town at the London Stadium on Sunday 5th June for a place in League 2.

Adult tickets will cost £40-£45 (plus booking fees). :oops:
....nearly half the price of a non league season ticket isn't it? .....maybe a generous benefactor will soften the financial impact with a free hot dog , beer and scarf package?

....nearly half the price of a non league season ticket isn't it? .....maybe a generous benefactor will soften the financial impact with a free hot dog , beer and scarf package?
You would be surprised Sarge.
Solihull I think charge £15 a game ( ST £175)
I saw somewhere that Chesterfield charge £18 a game (£325 a ST)
Not sure about Grimsby. Even some Conference South sides are charging near to £20 for a matchday ticket

You would be surprised Sarge.
Solihull I think charge £15 a game ( ST £175)
I saw somewhere that Chesterfield charge £18 a game (£325 a ST)
Not sure about Grimsby. Even some Conference South sides are charging near to £20 for a matchday ticket
thats me told!

...it was meant as a tongue in cheek comment ( half the price of a ST = the price of a ticket plus booking fee for NL playoff final)- and a benefactor feeding n watering n clothing supporters on the day ;)

I recall we were in the £250-£300 bracket for a Conference ST and that was over 10 years ago.

A ticket for the Oxford City Play-off cost me £12 which was pretty good albeit the view is awful from almost anywhere in that ground when it's more than one deep on the barriers (which isn't often!)

At the risk of starting the usual "Attendances don't mean anything" argument.....

.....Can I be the first to say 'Come On Grimsby!'.

Three times as many fans, ten times as much history.
The football league doesn't need another manufactured merger club that draws less than a couple of thousand.......League Two is already tinpot enough.

(Sorry Daryl - nothing against you; you did alright!)

At the risk of starting the usual "Attendances don't mean anything" argument.....

The football league doesn't need another manufactured merger club that draws less than a couple of thousand.......League Two is already tinpot enough.

At least if Solihull go up it's easy to get to from Oxford or London if they fly up to League One. Cleethorpes is miles from anywhere. They are a big club though. There's nothing else to do in Grimsy though tbf.

The more the tinpot the team Swindon have to visit next year the better as far as I'm concerned.

At least if Solihull go up it's easy to get to from Oxford or London if they fly up to League One. Cleethorpes is miles from anywhere. They are a big club though. There's nothing else to do in Grimsy though tbf.

Always had a laugh going to Grimsby for away games.

I think Solihull has the potential to be a decent-ish away day. Isn't Solihull meant to be the posher bit of Birmingham. Easy to get to, guessing some nice pubs.
Been to Solihull Moors twice - once for pre-season with Oxford and once with a Lincoln supporting mate in their Conference promotion season. There was nothing near the ground bar a few car dealerships.

Are you interested in a cracking little Fiesta rather than a couple of pints? You could test drive it to Tesco and pick up some cans. Win/win.

Not sure the ground/away end will help that.
Nice little club tbf - Solihull was a lovely place for a few drinks but like everywhere has degenerated badly under covid & Boris - they consider themselves sepatate from Brum though they have a Brum postcode - and a couple of far from salubrious areas too lol

Been to Solihull Moors twice - once for pre-season with Oxford and once with a Lincoln supporting mate in their Conference promotion season. There was nothing near the ground bar a few car dealerships.

Are you interested in a cracking little Fiesta rather than a couple of pints? You could test drive it to Tesco and pick up some cans. Win/win.
Just googled it and seems they play a fair distance from the town. Not something we can really criticise clubs for I guess :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom