World Cup Play off qualifiers

I feel like a right bastard saying it, but I still want Wales to win on Sunday.

My Dad's half Welsh, but despite being 77 now, he hasn't seen them play in a World Cup since he was 13.

Plus a World Cup group with England, USA & Wales in it is just about perfect for fermenting crazy rivalries in my family and turning Thanksgiving into a football-obsessed madhouse......which seems like a good thing.

Sorry Ukraine!

I feel like a right bastard saying it, but I still want Wales to win on Sunday.

My Dad's half Welsh, but despite being 77 now, he hasn't seen them play in a World Cup since he was 13.

Plus a World Cup group with England, USA & Wales in it is just about perfect for fermenting crazy rivalries in my family and turning Thanksgiving into a football-obsessed madhouse......which seems like a good thing.

Sorry Ukraine!

I am half Welsh so I want Wales to win.

I have family in Wales, Scotland and Ireland. After the tournament where we got knocked out by Iceland and Wales were bigging it up and taking the P**s out of England, I'm a lot less empathetic towards them.

I'd now much prefer all the other home nations to do well, less so Wales. (Chris Coleman didn't help matters).

It’s been a great couple of weeks for me as an armchair (not so) neutral.

1) Vale v Scum
2) Real Madrid
3) Jocks losing tonight
4) Now on to Sunday 🤞

Sad for Scotland, there can’t be many of us without a bit of Scots ancestry, but it feels like it’s fated for Ukraine to get through

Loved seen them fail again, hard to support them given there hatred for everything English. Still have there 0-0 victory in the Euros to keep them going for the next 50 years though.

It’s been a great couple of weeks for me as an armchair (not so) neutral.

1) Vale v Scum
2) Real Madrid
3) Jocks losing tonight
4) Now on to Sunday 🤞
1) Vale v Scum
2) Real Madrid
3) Jocks losing ( at least we know we're sh*t)
4) England losing tonight 🤞

Really enjoying the Wales - Ukraine game. Whets the appetite nicely for November/December.

Ukraine have been much the better team, passing rings around the Welsh and Zinchenko by far the best player on the pitch - but Wales' goalie has been great, and Ukraine's is an absolute liability; and the Welsh have had the one moment of good fortune.

Atmosphere is great (hearing a full stadium of Welshmen belting out Land of my Fathers always gives me goosebumps).

And the ref is absolutely terrific - letting them play, not falling for any simulation or playing for contact.....glad we'll be seeing him at the World Cup as well (though I've probably jinxed it now, and he'll give three dodgy penalties in the second half)

Hope the second half is more of the same.....

Yes, it is an entertaining game and I agree that the ref has contributed to that. I think the Welsh are going to have to score again mind you as I think Ukraine will find a way through eventually!

Well done, Wales - look forward to seeing them at the World Cup for the first time in my lifetime.

Bale played like a 33 year old who hadn't played a game for three months; Ramsay was useless; Joe Allen was industrious but kept giving away possession. And yet they still won because their wing backs were great, Ben Davies was tremendeous and Wayne Hennessey had the game of his life at 35.

Though I do feel guilty for being happy at a Ukraine defeat.....they played their hearts out, and some neat football. But their finishing was lousy, and they came up against a keeper having a worldie......

Course the rumour is that Bale is now going to sign for Cardiff to get and keep himself fit for the World Cup. Suspect he'll find that a bit of a culture shock!

Back
Top Bottom