League One Tinpot Reading

1. Swindon
2. Reading
3. Luton
4. Wycombe
5. Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Scum.

Also, I had a pal who was a developer or something like that for SEGA and worked on the "Football Manager" computer game series, and I think he told me Oxford United had more clubs considering them major or minor rivals than any other team in England. In one version of the game anyway.

Scum.

Also, I had a pal who was a developer or something like that for SEGA and worked on the "Football Manager" computer game series, and I think he told me Oxford United had more clubs considering them major or minor rivals than any other team in England. In one version of the game anyway.
@Wanderer could only dream of his football club being that relevant. Even most people who like in Wycombe probably often forget a football team exists there.

@Wanderer could only dream of his football club being that relevant. Even most people who like in Wycombe probably often forget a football team exists there.
Ha, it's funny you say that because we probably have a decent claim of being disliked by most clubs in the lower leagues nowadays. In particular, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Luton, Colchester, Oxford, Ipswich, Peterborough, Pompey, and MK all seem to have a very strong distaste for us and our "antics"

Ha, it's funny you say that because we probably have a decent claim of being disliked by most clubs in the lower leagues nowadays. In particular, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Luton, Colchester, Oxford, Ipswich, Peterborough, Pompey, and MK all seem to have a very strong distaste for us and our "antics"
Football fans thinking your tinpot anti-football drivel is ultimately bad for football is very different from them considering you a rival in any way.

Swindon ,Reading , all day long no doubt 100% the others, as I say good but I wouldn't lose any sleep over them .Still don't get your point though. Other than trying to be clever & smug. Oh by the way, you didn't answer to a question of mine, On another thread. So I'll ask again who gave your mate ,the so called permission to sing In the town/ yellow Submarine. You didn't answer, I wonder why ??? Mmmmm.
P:S I dont do hard feelings water off a ducks back...🀘🀘
No wonder our atmosphere is sh*t these days if we have to sign up to Yellowsforum and ask Scrongo for permission to sing a song...

Yellow Submarine has been sung by a handful of people in my lifetime, some better than others, current one has made the best of it for a decade. He didn't need to ask permission to sing that or any other song. There's your answer.

No wonder our atmosphere is sh*t these days if we have to sign up to Yellowsforum and ask Scrongo for permission to sing a song...

Yellow Submarine has been sung by a handful of people in my lifetime, some better than others, current one has made the best of it for a decade. He didn't need to ask permission to sing that or any other song. There's your answer.

Can't wait to ask for the permission to sing the only other 'generational songs' including "Come on Oxford" and "Come on you Yellows". Don't forget 'Yellows, Yellows, Yellows'.

If you don't know , well I give up!! You either know, or you don't know. Obviously you don't.
P:S Nice name you got there,( YellowSubmarine) . You wouldn't have that name if you know what I mean..
Confused you again, now have IπŸ˜‚ it's good to be in the know isn't it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. 🀘🀘🀘🀘

6.18am. Bit early to be starting on the beers don’t you think πŸ˜‚πŸ€˜

It sounded brilliant vs Arsenal.

Strange answer??? Bit early for the drugsπŸ’‰πŸ’ŠπŸ’‰πŸ’ŠπŸ‘ πŸ‘ 

Screenshot_20230322_151335_Twitter.jpg

They're so tinpot it's insane. I hate Swindon but they're more of a "proper" club than Reading will ever be.

I`m guessing they draw a polygon centred on the stadium, and see how many folk live in that geographical area?

Lies, damned lies and statistics can be made to say anything.... .
Quite odd that the Reading Population within the polygon is higher than Birmingham unless the polygon is the area that doesn't bump into another club.

Quite odd that the Reading Population within the polygon is higher than Birmingham unless the polygon is the area that doesn't bump into another club.
Yes that’s a nonsense, Reading is nowhere near a million population. Also you can be in London in half an hour so it’s not surprising a lot of people there support other teams.

Assuming it's Voronoi diagrams, which would be pretty accurate in terms of creating what you could call a catchment area.

What it doesn't do is account for distance from said point. i.e. it assumes that everyone seeks out their nearest club - even if it's 50 miles away (when they most probably wouldn't even get into football if they lived that distance away - and certainly can't be counted toward 'lost' percentages).

We'd probably fair quite badly on this as it would cover more or less all of Oxfordshire.

These stats are geared toward bumming the s**t nothing towns like Burnley. Of course it looks good, they have nothing else going on and crucially no-one from outside Burnley moves there and so the whole population is born and bred, angry and violent. How many students in Burnley's catchment? How many families relocated with allegiances from elsewhere? None. Just full of bitter nobheads with nothing else to do.

People of Oxford/Oxfordshire are far more transient.

Reading's support is still spectacularly shite though. They've spent 20 years in the top two divisions in an expanding catchment area and are still a f**king joke.

I`m guessing they draw a polygon centred on the stadium, and see how many folk live in that geographical area?

Lies, damned lies and statistics can be made to say anything.... .

Seems a bit of nonsense then, I could well be in Readings Polygon as I only live about 12 miles from the ground as the crow flies but don’t even live in Berkshire, never have and have no reason to go.

That would be my assumption too. 'Travel To Work Areas' are similar measures that are meaningless and open to any interpretation you choose to put on them. How far does Reading's TTWA extend?

Back
Top Bottom