Chairman Tiger on todays Rad ox 5 min Fans forum

yellowbow

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
Maybe becoming active with the club, maybe. We'll eventually find out, one way or the other.
But couldn’t he, as a board member, already be active in a financial sense? I’m not saying I was expecting million pound footballers to walk through the door in January but, considering our precarious position in the league, I maybe would’ve expected a few decent players to have arrived on permanent deals to help us climb the table, if we do indeed have a billionaire on the board who’s just got some political business to get out of the way before getting stuck in to all matters OUFC.

MarkG

Yep, I think it's just a language issue rather than any attempt to mislead.

And, no, I've not established who Knightsbridge Asia are. I was hoping @OxVox might be able to throw some light on that.
Thinking about it again I think it sounds like Thohir is tied up with elections until April at least. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-06/jokowi-ratchets-up-election-debate-alleging-russian-meddling

Quite what his role with OUFC will be after that, who knows?

greatunclekip

But couldn’t he, as a board member, already be active in a financial sense? I’m not saying I was expecting million pound footballers to walk through the door in January but, considering our precarious position in the league, I maybe would’ve expected a few decent players to have arrived on permanent deals to help us climb the table, if we do indeed have a billionaire on the board who’s just got some political business to get out of the way before getting stuck in to all matters OUFC.
This is the key point of all this. Any director can invest. The fact he didnt when we needed it most perhaps suggests not a huge amount changes in April.

Marked Ox

This is the key point of all this. Any director can invest. The fact he didnt when we needed it most perhaps suggests not a huge amount changes in April.
Unless electoral rules mean he currently isn't allowed to invest. I don't know either way as I don't know the Indonesian (if I have the right country) electoral rules.

Fred

Due to our position in the table how many good players would have wanted to come to us?

Victor1986

I didn't get the impression he was irritated. Although I could understand he getting so with the Ivo P question which had nothing to do with him.
I got that impression as well. He sounds like Stephen Hawking having a bad day.
This 'question/forum' programme is basically a good idea but I can't help feeling that Tiger is the sort of person who would even try to convince us that black really is white. It will certainlly be a major kick in the scrotum for him if we do not beat the drop.

MJB

Due to our position in the table how many good players would have wanted to come to us?
Depends on how much we’re going to pay them, to a large degree.

Sarge

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
Depends on how much we’re going to pay them, to a large degree.
...or perhaps how much said players agent trousers from the deal?

Sith Lord

I got that impression as well. He sounds like Stephen Hawking having a bad day.
This 'question/forum' programme is basically a good idea but I can't help feeling that Tiger is the sort of person who would even try to convince us that black really is white. It will certainlly be a major kick in the scrotum for him if we do not beat the drop.
I get the impression that he thinks he is doing a good job and cannot understand the fans asking him such questions...!!

Oh, defo getting eggy after barely finishing a question and in the same breath "Next Question!"

MarkG

Unless electoral rules mean he currently isn't allowed to invest. I don't know either way as I don't know the Indonesian (if I have the right country) electoral rules.
Something I mentioned yesterday was that he (Thohir) is perhaps counted as a Politically Exposed Person, which would mean under anti-money laundering rules that it is harder for him to get money into the UK.

Wallop

Something I mentioned yesterday was that he (Thohir) is perhaps counted as a Politically Exposed Person, which would mean under anti-money laundering rules that it is harder for him to get money into the UK.
Return of PEP? I thought we had got rid.

Top Bottom