General KR & Tiger to have talks?

Exactly this. We play some lovely stuff. Put us up

Exactly this. We play some lovely stuff "on our terms". Put us up against a Wycombe, a Burton, an Accrington, who stifle us/play on the break, and we have nowhere to go. Last season it was whack Mackie on. No option to go more direct, or pace. I suspect more of the same this season after Saturday.

We beat the likes of Wimbledon, Wycombe, Rotherham etc last season who played this style.

We beat the likes of Wimbledon, Wycombe, Rotherham etc last season who played this style.
We did, we have some very talented players and a good team. That is often enough to beat weaker teams. On occasion though some teams put up wall that we seem to run out of ideas of how to break through. I hope that we have learnt from the Wycombe play off as much as undoubtedly our opponents will have, and that park the bus and get in our faces doesn't become the norm for lesser teams playing us. I think Saturday was a bit of a wake up in so far as we still have some work to do in this area. don't get me wrong I am sure we will do pretty well this season, but this lesson could be the key between play offs and promotion (it was last season).

We did, we have some very talented players and a good team. That is often enough to beat weaker teams. On occasion though some teams put up wall that we seem to run out of ideas of how to break through. I hope that we have learnt from the Wycombe play off as much as undoubtedly our opponents will have, and that park the bus and get in our faces doesn't become the norm for lesser teams playing us. I think Saturday was a bit of a wake up in so far as we still have some work to do in this area. don't get me wrong I am sure we will do pretty well this season, but this lesson could be the key between play offs and promotion (it was last season).

I wouldn't read too much into Saturday. The slow pitch didn't help us move the ball quickly but undoubtedly we can still work harder at getting better against these teams. The biggest worry for me was the defending of set pieces which was woeful at times.

Saturday was a glorified friendly in all honesty It was just another game to get our fitness up and in fairness was a good run out and we also got easty some practice on pens ? the serious stuff starts this Saturday and we need to make sure we’re ready
COYY

I'm not entirely sure I buy the argument that Saturday was some sort of friendly. It might well have been treated as being more important for giving players more time on the pitch than as a game in itself - but we did put out the strongest team available, we were playing a team from our own league and I'm not convinced that the failings we showed (inability to feed the striker, lack of pace and an inability to defend set pieces) were there simply because of that.
KRs teams seem to have started each season slowly and picked up as the season went on. I'm a bit concerned we may see a slow start this time as well, based on Saturday. Tomorrows game is in effect going to be largely those who didn't play on Saturday I think, so that won't give us much of a steer...

Saturday was a glorified friendly in all honesty It was just another game to get our fitness up and in fairness was a good run out and we also got easty some practice on pens ? the serious stuff starts this Saturday and we need to make sure we’re ready
COYY
In all honesty, I don't think it was! We wanted to win that but we struggled yet again to break down a team built to defend and spoil.
When we put five past them last season we had Browne and Holland who were on form. We lacked players like that on Saturday.

Tons of Possession.

A lot of sideways passing and slow build up, breaking down around the goal area.

We critise lack of pace or is it more of a case that sometimes we don't play the ball forwards fast enough?

This is exactly our current problem. Possession is pointless if its just sideways passing and a slow build up as it just allows other teams the time to organise a solid defence.

Quick, forward (accurate) passing is the way we need to play.

Back
Top Bottom