This is my voice. Michael Appleton

Itsthehopethatkillsyou

Saw another interview when he talked about making sure (after pompey and Blackburn) he did due diligence on a club - because he got a roasting down the phone from Sir Alex Ferguson no less..good number to call for advice!

unification

Neat site. I'd not come across it before and you do get a different perspective from a manager/coach's monologue on things.

Interestingly, there is another write up on there from someone who shall we say didn't quite do as well as MApp ...

https://www.coachesvoice.com/checkmate/

EDIT. Posted that before finishing reading it. It makes you realise that Pep is far from stupid – he’s clearly a bright bloke, interested in learning more and works well with Garry Monk. The difference I spotted between the two is in acknowledging their own managerial faults. MApp tackles them head on – he admits the error in going to Blackburn and reveals that he bought into DE’s plan but needed to speed it up with players without a losing mentality. Pep, however, fails to reveal whether he had any managerial faults stating that the owners were looking for a ‘different’ path. Considering, he’s been sacked a minimum of four times and he conspicuously doesn’t mention these, can it really be that owners are looking for a different direction each time or is it that he hasn’t understood his own shortcomings?

I think therein lies the difference between the two. MApp has evolved from coach to manager, Pep hasn’t.

Last edited:

Matt D

'this is my voice'?

'this is my pitch for my next job' more like...

MC Yellow

Now he is a legend... god help the melt down by some on here if he ever goes to Swindon 😂

Top Bottom