Ex-Staff Michael Appleton

Just heard Eddie Howe use "we go again" in an interview. It was like the return of an old friend.

Hold out powder on this one after tonight at Reading for us🫣

‘ Michael Appleton you ain’t got a clue ‘ chant by Charlton fans at Leyton Orient.

MApp’s record at Charlton since joining in September (all comps)

P22 W8 D10 L4

Hardly terrible but indicative of a typical MApp start to any club. He generally needs a season to get his ideas across and his players in.

And I thought our fans were being impatient with DB at present!

That's certainly not a terrible record. Fans are just generally impatient these days, I think.

His record there isn't even *that* bad but Charlton fans seem to think that their new ownerships (after hounding out the 2 previous owners) gives them a divine right to walk the league. One frustration from them I do get is his completely dour interviews and cold nature, something that hasn't changed from his time here.

Several sources saying that MApp has been sacked and it is expected to be announced tomorrow.

As good as he was with us he has only really managed one other good season with Lincoln but has been pretty average elsewhere.

I know that Manning did the dirty on us, but think that we're better off with him and then Des than we would have been if we'd brought MApp back.

Several sources saying that MApp has been sacked and it is expected to be announced tomorrow.

As good as he was with us he has only really managed one other good season with Lincoln but has been pretty average elsewhere.

I know that Manning did the dirty on us, but think that we're better off with him and then Des than we would have been if we'd brought MApp back.

Rumours that the club are denying it he has been sacked. As you look on the forum for transfer ideas Charlie, give us the scoop. :D

I've been unfair on Agent Charlie before, but credit where its due. He's using his time and money to systematically destroy other clubs in our league. Cheers Chas!

I've been unfair on Agent Charlie before, but credit where its due. He's using his time and money to systematically destroy other clubs in our league. Cheers Chas!

Also remember when our fans gave Mapps stick on a cold Tuesday night away at Accrington, but it turned out alright after the awful 1-0 defeat.

Terry Gornell goal in 91st min. James Roberts missed a sitter.

Yes Charliesghost and Lundinsponytail. Is doing a great job, and clearly knows everything there is to know about football. Long May it continue.

Back
Top Bottom