Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

Completely agree. I’d use Cam as a prime example. He got his big contract but then his performances went well below what we would expect from a player on his wage. He has been below par all season and if our key player is under performing and not getting flack then too many will follow.
A few players have come under fire such as Murphy but they are the easy targets.
Findlay has gone to the media with his excuses but he isn’t being paid minimum wage and he got a decent signing on fee too. It is up to the players to take ownership of their performances and far too many haven’t done that.

The players got lucky this year with the hatred towards Robinson and hid behind that for far too long.

Luckily we now have Manning who puts that pressure on the players to put a shift in and perform.
Hmm. Not sure I agree.

Findlay has been trampled on. I personally don’t think he’s done anything wrong in an Oxford shirt and I’ve made that pretty clear in my regular defence of him even before Karl was sacked. I was a centre back in my time and I can’t think of anything worse than trying to keep a clean sheet the way we were set up under KR. Hardly anybody came out of it well but it was Findlay who got micro-analysed. Look in front of you, look behind you, look to the side of you… Who can you rely on from his POV? He (apparently) challenged the regime and got stamped on. He then became a scapegoat among fans. We’re now seeing what he’s about and I maintain he will be a fans favourite one day, perhaps this relegation battle will do it. He’s emerging as a big part of our chances.

Murphy, I understand the hate. I really do. We all know he could’ve played more and played harder. But again, we signed him as damaged goods so the blame should be shared. We knew what we were getting and got less. But now I’m starting to wonder how much of that was Robinson’s complete failure to motivate him and did he just enable him to half a**e it? Interesting that he’s suddenly started 4 games in a row for a manager he has no allegiances to and is just starting to liven up in games all of a sudden.

Brannagan had blind faith in Robinson - felt he owed him something. And in some ways he played like Karl would play if he could go on. Victim, hot headed, everyone else’s fault, unlucky, world is against him. He just needed to calm the f*ck down and stop vomiting Karl’s emotions out in his performances. FWIW I don’t like how Manning is playing him atm.

Last edited:
This was a post I wrote in August 2018

You’ve got to have the right players to do it, but I’m afraid we don’t.

We have too many players who are injury prone, carry injuries, too old or unfit. You might be able to carry 2 or 3 players in a game, but not 8 or 9.
We lack pace, width, height and strength all over the place. If I was Karl I would be trying desperately to get in on loan another left back and striker at least.

In fact we need the January transfer window now.

This was a post I wrote in August 2018

You’ve got to have the right players to do it, but I’m afraid we don’t.

We have too many players who are injury prone, carry injuries, too old or unfit. You might be able to carry 2 or 3 players in a game, but not 8 or 9.
We lack pace, width, height and strength all over the place. If I was Karl I would be trying desperately to get in on loan another left back and striker at least.

In fact we need the January transfer window now.
Funnily enough or actually not as it turns out, that post could also have been written in Aug 19, Aug 20, Aug 21 and most unfortunately of all Aug 22. Not to mention every Jan in between as well.

Basically as well know Karl talked the talk, and talked the talk, and talked the talk, and talked the talk, and talked the talk. He couldn’t walk the walk though, or sign a decent full back, or players with height and strength, or players who weren‘t injury prone crocs.

😩😢😩😢😩😢😩😢😩😢😡😡😡😡😡

It's nice to know, not everybody was taken in by him. Let's be honest,it hits you smack bang in the face , he's a blagger ....

Unfortunately a certain individual was taken in by him. Was totally in his thrall and loved the idea of being Karl’s best buddy: Tim Williams.

He’s still here ‘running things’ and with the judgement he’s shown so far, that really concerns me.

Own up - who is now regretting their choice of personalised number plate....
20230415_142320-min.jpg

Always hoped he would manage to do well for us it's a pity how it turned out. Least he is honest. The players he brought in and left us with were not good enough big money spent and we are looking at league 2..

I normally listen to talk sport wish I had been today. What did Simon Jordan say about him?

I normally listen to talk sport wish I had been today. What did Simon Jordan say about him?
I was listening anyway, not specifically because KR was on, but Simon Jordan is off today, so I'm not sure where that comment came from?

I was listening anyway, not specifically because KR was on, but Simon Jordan is off today, so I'm not sure where that comment came from?
They played a recording of a Simon Jordan rant about managers and asked for KR comments

If you know Simon Jordan you can guess what he said. KR agreed with parts and disagreed on his comments re mental health..

Simon Jordan wasn’t on today.
Jim White loved Robinson a bit too much though.

Back
Top Bottom