National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Not every Remainer is a blue-haired angry cancel-culture fanatic, but every angry blue-haired cancel culture fanatic almost certainly voted Remain. Arguments like that are so ridiculous.

There also will be many Remainers who hold some racist attitudes. For some reason "racism" seems to be considered by some a phenomenon of white people. Look at what happened in Peckham recently. There was racism from Asians to Black people and vice versa.
It would be somewhat revealing if someone countered a charge of racism by pointing out that they don’t dye their hair.

I have looked high and low and as a fan of Make UK and what they do I’m surprised that I can’t find it. It would be really useful if you could supply a link @Essexyellows

No point tagging me, I`ve turned that off. I do however grant you the courtesy of the requested links.

And MakeUK are fairly easy to find.... https://www.makeuk.org/

Pleased to help.

No point tagging me, I`ve turned that off. I do however grant you the courtesy of the requested links.

And MakeUK are fairly easy to find.... https://www.makeuk.org/

Pleased to help.
If you ignore Brexit for a moment, I'm not sure anyone on here can suggest this isn't great news, manufacturing, especially high-tech manufacturing is a fantastic industry for a country to dominate in, pays some serious wages too.

I wasnt trying to to be off I just couldn’t find the link. It is good news. Not sure quite what it has to do with Brexit though?

How about Covid and Ukraine doing that instead?
Or more realistically if you want to use that argument "as well as". The pro-Brexit argument that 'it's not Brexit it is covid causing it' is as tiresome as the anti argument that all the problems are just down to Brexit, and not accurate. All of these will have impacts.

Different analysis puts the UK 9th.

I thought a Brexit Bonus was a devalued £ that would increase manufacturing exports. The Chinese export the most yet somehow their "cost of living" problem seems worse than ours.

There doesn't appear to be a link to the statistics they are quoting, how was this league table arrived at?
Somewhere buried beneath that list is a long and vague explanation but no reference to the actual statistics used to arrive at the outcome.

"The list of the most economically influential countries, as presented, showcases a spectrum of nations with diverse political, cultural, and socio-economic frameworks. This list does more than just ranking countries based on their economic prowess; it offers a glimpse into the global economic landscape, reflecting both historical legacies and emerging dynamics".

As it says in the World of Statistics blurb: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics".

Loving the line about "voting in and out people who have power" too. Someone should tell Scotland😲

I guess MEPs are just window dressing then 🤷‍♂️ :unsure:
That's exactly what they are. You cannot vote in or out the likes Von Der Leyen and that's a democratic deficit EU-fans like to willfully ignore.

Our economy is holding up remarkably well considering the covid-impact, people risk their lives to get to this country from France yet some like to make out this country is some kind of backwater.

It's a strange mindset to want to have a corporatist-bloc bureaucracy, a political institution that nobody ever voted for, have a major say over your country, and to look down at others who want to be an independent country, and it's a mindset of superiority to others I am glad I do not share.

How is it inconvenient?

How much more influential could we be as part of a greater economy?
Japan seems to be doing pretty well without being a corporatist-bloc of nearby countries. The UK was a major world economy before we joined the EU. I have no idea why some think you have to be in a bloc to be an economically successful nation, when so many other countries prove that you don't. We also were a net contributor to the EU rather than a net beneficiary.

We are part of the global economy, "despite Brexit" https://www.economist.com/britain/2...rvices-exports-are-booming-despite-brexit-why

If the EU is some kind of economic paraside, how do you explain this https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/09/29/uk-economy-growth-france-germany-sunak-inflation/

I won't post any more here, but this thread has always been for people who seem to hold intolerant attitudes to people with different beliefs than them, to console themselves about a result that was voted for seven years ago, democratically.

Back
Top Bottom