National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

How do

How do you manage to win squirrel of the week EVERY BLOODY WEEK??!

The UK's problems are the self inflicted consequence of a Brexit that only has downsides and no upsides.

And the week's winning false equivalent is, drum roll. 🥁🥁🥁......

The EU is introducing changes to try to help stem the tide of climate change. Enjoy the fine weather over the next few days. 🌞🌞🌞😓😓😓

I thought you was a brexiteer?

Or was it the select few.. Nope 52% voted for it. Largest political exercise, we have to move on from that now, just like if we remained at 52%.

@QR.................... awkward............... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Labour admitting they will have to make the best of the Tories self-serving clusterfuck that the electorate were duped into voting for = the self serving clusterfuck was a good idea. You dont buy that any more than i do fella, at least make the trolling credible ;)

Never mind the Boris reptile, I dont know how Cameron sleeps at night, he knowingly sold the country up the river and couldnt f**k off quickly enough one he'd done it. Why has this been forgiven and forgotten?

Labour admitting they will have to make the best of the Tories self-serving clusterfuck that the electorate were duped into voting for = the self serving clusterfuck was a good idea. You dont buy that any more than i do fella, at least make the trolling credible ;)

Never mind the Boris reptile, I dont know how Cameron sleeps at night, he knowingly sold the country up the river and couldnt f**k off quickly enough one he'd done it. Why has this been forgiven and forgotten?
Starmer is probably thinking stick with Brexit and I might win back the red wall seats

No - read the article - he knows there's no turning back so he knows any government is going to have to polish the turd they have been gifted.

a/ Logical and positive position, and any attempt to argue otherwise only demonstrates how awful an idea brexit was
b/ Does not mean the turd was a good idea

Could be worse..........

EU countries "shutting down" 30% of farms....

And Poland/Italy............

All rosey in the EU garden... 🤷‍♀️

The basic problem is we (the consumer) have got used to cheap food for too long.
That price reduction gets passed back down the line to the producer and that is wrong and is as much caused by globalisation/"big corps" as anything else.

EDIT: Add Spain to the list...........
Even if EU food is getting more expensive, it’s still cheaper than the self imposed tariffs we voted in 6 years ago!

How do

How do you manage to win squirrel of the week EVERY BLOODY WEEK??!

The UK's problems are the self inflicted consequence of a Brexit that only has downsides and no upsides.

And the week's winning false equivalent is, drum roll. 🥁🥁🥁......

The EU is introducing changes to try to help stem the tide of climate change. Enjoy the fine weather over the next few days. 🌞🌞🌞😓😓😓

Yep, this will really help. 🤷‍♀️ :cool:

Germany...

Austria....

Romania, Italy & Western Balkans....

Whereas in the UK...... 43% is via Gas and 0% from coal.

Germany...

Austria....

Not sure Brexit had any influence on any of this. 🤷‍♂️

Germany...

Austria....

We sold the coal powered generators/ transformers at Didcot to Germany

Last edited:
Labour admitting they will have to make the best of the Tories self-serving clusterfuck that the electorate were duped into voting for
If more people that are in a position to actually do something to make the best of the decision to leave the EU - and I mean politicians, business leaders, financiers etc on both sides of the channel - actually did something instead of wringing their hands and whining "We didn't vote for this", then the sooner we might all actually be able to move forward.

As MApp was oft heard to say about football management "It's not about making the right decisions, it's about making the decisions you make right"

TBF to Starmer, we’re probably stuck with Brexit until the the majority can move on from the con. We got ourselves into this mess via a democratic means. We’ll probably have to do the same to get us out of it.
But we’ll if he says we are going to ask to rejoin after Labour win back the red wall seats Labour voters, those staunch supporters of Labour will never trust them again.

And what's your point?

You suggest that the old Club is all sweetness and light with no "problems".

They have plenty, that you seem to ignore, some of which are reflected or influencing events here - irrespective of Brexit (this thread).

🤷‍♀️

You suggest that the old Club is all sweetness and light with no "problems".

They have plenty, that you seem to ignore, some of which are reflected or influencing events here - irrespective of Brexit (this thread).

🤷‍♀️
OK then, would you evidence that. And I mean not to the level of proof needed by a court of law 😉 just something the reasonable person 😳on this forum could 'live with'.

OK then, would you evidence that. And I mean not to the level of proof needed by a court of law 😉 just something the reasonable person 😳on this forum could 'live with'.

For all you Europhiles.....

From the article....
"Consumer prices rose at a record 8.6% in the 12 months to June as food, fuel and energy costs soared."

For all you Europhiles.....

From the article....
"Consumer prices rose at a record 8.6% in the 12 months to June as food, fuel and energy costs soared."
Good to know we're "world beating" with a CPI inflation rate of 9.4% and BOE interest rate of 1.25%

Compared to European rates of 8.6% and 0.5%.

Bloody amateurs those johnny foreigners across the channel!

Back
Top Bottom