National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Seriously…. That’s what you’ve got?

I was expecting something more like “No that’s not true and I do care about the poor and no the tories aren't corrupt”

But no I’m the sore looser. Typical Soundbite toryism.

You are a sad, sad keyboard warrior, with no grip on reality or care for anyone else.

Seriously…. That’s what you’ve got?

I was expecting something more like “No that’s not true and I do care about the poor and no the tories aren't corrupt”

But no I’m the sore looser. Typical Soundbite toryism.

You are a sad, sad keyboard warrior, with no grip on reality or care for anyone else.

Well, you started with the pathetic insults. 🤷‍♀️

Saying what you think is not being a "keyboard warrior" I would say the same face to face as folk on here will testify.
My grip on reality is also fine thank you, and I care about some people more than you will ever understand.
Do lots of voluntary stuff, and help lots of people, but I will only support things that are practical and that provide the support that enables people's choices to be better.

Voting for Brexit was, for many, their only chance to share their view on what the EU has become since its inception as a trading agreement, and a decision made by an electorate that was far better informed than when we joined.

Voting for Brexit for many was because they thought the NHS would be better off to the tune of ÂŁ18200000000 per annum. If the only reason for leaving was to redress the EU balance why did they lie about the money?

Lots of us do voluntary work. It’s not about that. and caring about “Some people more that I will ever understand ” is one of the most benign statements I have ever heard. I think everyone has some degree of caring lots for a select few people.
Caring about everyone is a different thing that this government doesn’t get.

Voting for Brexit for many was because they thought the NHS would be better off to the tune of ÂŁ18200000000 per annum. If the only reason for leaving was to redress the EU balance why did they lie about the money?

Lots of us do voluntary work. It’s not about that. and caring about “Some people more that I will ever understand ” is one of the most benign statements I have ever heard. I think everyone has some degree of caring lots for a select few people.
Caring about everyone is a different thing that this government doesn’t get.

Nope, didn`t vote for Brexit because of the bus, sorry.

When the UK signed up it was a trade agreement that we rightly voted in favour of. Simple trade with our nearest, largest market. 100% behind that.

Over the course of 40 years, it evolved into the EU via structural reform, Maastricht and other treaties and, barring electing governments, the UK electorate had little say on the direction of travel - whatever you or I believe that to be.

Had the electorate been given a choice at the point of Maastricht or Lisbon we might have strengthened our role within the EU, or left sooner. 🤷‍♀️

As for the Government caring - they can only put the mechanisms in place they can`t force individuals to engage with them.

For the love of God I Know why you voted for it and I understand your argument even if I disagree with it but ultimately SOME people will have voted for Brexit because they were sold a lie on a bus.

You know this but you’re being obtuse because you think you’re funny, and you know that if you back down you’ll have to admit that Brexit only happened because the Brexit team lied and cheated their way through the process.

You got what you wanted and we’re stuck with it but it doesn’t mean that how wickedly it was achieved is right.

For the love of God I Know why you voted for it and I understand your argument even if I disagree with it but ultimately SOME people will have voted for Brexit because they were sold a lie on a bus.

You know this but you’re being obtuse because you think you’re funny, and you know that if you back down you’ll have to admit that Brexit only happened because the Brexit team lied and cheated their way through the process.

You got what you wanted and we’re stuck with it but it doesn’t mean that how wickedly it was achieved is right.
Aside from the gullible.....

If you consider that somewhere around 700,000 leave voters were the difference between a leave or remain outcome, then I would be more than confident that there were more than that number voting leave because they were out and out racists, nationalists and xenophobes. You cannot ignore the fact that they effectively delivered the result.

That alone leaves a bad taste...and yet some are still prepared to gloat about their "victory", no matter how pyrrhic it may be...[emoji2369]

I know someone very well who absolutely voted for brexit because of the bus (based on what they said constantly at the time) and now absolutely denies that the bus even happened and that it’s a lefty media conspiracy :)

This should light up the day for Brexiteers......... and possibly light up the Brexiteers themselves!

20220506_132744.jpg

John Redwood once again proving you can't fix stupid:

"John Redwood
@johnredwood
The EU's refusal to find a solution to the GB/NI trade problems they have created has undermined the new Northern Ireland Assembly and the Good Friday Agreement. If they will not help resolve it the U.K. must legislate a solution."

I think he can add that one to his pantheon of deep thinking conservatism found here: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john-redwood-quotes

Last edited:
The other day I was reading a Daily Express comments section on where to put the border. Although the suggestions were hilarious at times, the level of understanding in the issue was extremely worrying. If the Government can’t deliver the impossible, which they can’t, what type of Government is that large demographic going to vote for next?

The other day I was reading a Daily Express comments section on where to put the border. Although the suggestions were hilarious at times, the level of understanding in the issue was extremely worrying. If the Government can’t deliver the impossible, which they can’t, what type of Government is that large demographic going to vote for next?
A delve into the sewer of the express or Daily Mail comments section does remind you how easy it is to hoodwink people into believing pretty much anything if you've got the media on your side. But you are not allowed to call such people stupid or incapable of independent thought because they have exercised their democratic right, not to mention it might hurt their feelings and is just unkind.

And there was me thinking it was the liberals (or libtards in rightyspeak) who were the snowflakes. Turns out it was those who've made themselves look a bit silly by voting for stuff they didn't understand🤷‍♂️

That is so f*****g childish and unhelpful. It's the sort of thing I imagine Gareth Ainsworth saying.
(Soon to be) 2x championship promoted Gareth Ainsworth? He's a knob but there are worse comparisons.

The ranting and baiting on here is childish and unhelpful and it's f*****g hilarious to read.

A delve into the sewer of the express or Daily Mail comments section does remind you how easy it is to hoodwink people into believing pretty much anything if you've got the media on your side. But you are not allowed to call such people stupid or incapable of independent thought because they have exercised their democratic right, not to mention it might hurt their feelings and is just unkind.

And there was me thinking it was the liberals (or libtards in rightyspeak) who were the snowflakes. Turns out it was those who've made themselves look a bit silly by voting for stuff they didn't understand🤷‍♂️
You can’t say anything about Brexit anymore without offending a Daily Express reader. Whatever happened to free speech! It’s political correctness gone mad! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom