National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

You’ll be roaring at the news that France has withdrawn its ambassadors to Oz and US over the nuclear submarine deal.
No mention of UK … maybe it’s a kind of meta snub?

You’ll be roaring at the news that France has withdrawn its ambassadors to Oz and US over the nuclear submarine deal.

The BBC mentioned UK involvement this morning, I wasn't really paying attention though so can't recall the context. Probably just being patriotic.

will 'they' be rolling out ration books (digitally) soon too?

What are the Government actually trying to achieve with this? Why do we need a second (and rather ridicules) measurement system?
Metric is better in every single way with all units tied into each other.
Even the Americans divide their imperial system into 10ths and not 8ths.

• React
Reactions: Ian
What are the Government actually trying to achieve with this? Why do we need a second (and rather ridicules) measurement system?
It's a non-thing smokescreen to try and hide the mess of Brexit. I mean if asked my weight I give it in stones and pounds, if asked my height feet and inches, length of a cricket pitch, depth of the 18 yard box etc.

It’s to appeal to old people, but quite an odd gambit as young people will find it comical.

Poor old Yanks get the worst of both both worlds. The good thing about imperial is the ability to breakdown your 12ths by 2/3/4/6 and your 16ths by 2/4/8 and so on - 10 only divides by 1 and 5.

😳 whoops, fat fingers - 2 and 5 are the divisors (and 1 & 10 for completeness if you wish).

I have a composter bin but if you are the green fingered, Good Life loving fan you claim to be you'd know you can't compost ...

Tomato plants with signs of blight
Potato plants with signs of blight.
Flowers and weeds that have gone to seed.
Copious amounts of grass.

That all from this week's Gardeners' World as it's now football time. :) Thank fk!

The VoWH/South Oxon Council garden waste collection is composted creating liquid and Solid fertilizer/compost. It also creates some energy which goes back into the grid. I'd say long term this is greener than a home composter (not that there is anything wrong with this).

Apparently we're a 3rd wheel according to the French. Not bad when it nets hundreds of jobs for Rolls Royce etc.

The whining from the French is epic.

If it's not skilled you will be able to do it without breaking sweat. Can we watch?
I can take a crap without breaking *sweat, do you want a front seat ticket for that?

How labourious a task is doesn’t define the skill it takes to complete. I don’t know what you can’t get past here, but picking tatters etc is categorically not skilled Labour and never will be. It’s menial toil, although no less noble or honest for it.

edit: *depending on the strength of the curry the night before, obviously.

I can take a crap without breaking *sweat, do you want a front seat ticket for that?

How labourious a task is doesn’t define the skill it takes to complete. I don’t know what you can’t get past here, but picking tatters etc is categorically not skilled Labour and never will be. It’s menial toil, although no less noble or honest for it.

edit: *depending on the strength of the curry the night before, obviously.
Whatever you choose to call it it's a quality in short supply and that's the issue.

Whatever you choose to call it it's a quality in short supply and that's the issue.
Probably plenty of supply, it’s just that no one seems to be arsed to do it. Maybe it’s easier on UTC?

Didn‘t thousands of students used to go off to Aussie fruit picking and potato picking on a gap year?

Where have they gone I wonder, because they are certainly not allowed in Australia at the moment.

Probably plenty of supply, it’s just that no one seems to be arsed to do it. Maybe it’s easier on UTC?

Didn‘t thousands of students used to go off to Aussie fruit picking and potato picking on a gap year?

Where have they gone I wonder, because they are certainly not allowed in Australia at the moment.

You need to move Bondi beach and the hot weather over here then we'll be fine.

I old and it doesn’t appeal to me, a joke idea from a joke government
I’m quite old and have never really got used to kilograms, but it’s a joke dog whistle policy. Like Wycombe launching long balls, they know that if they pander to enough of a certain kind of person they will be reelected

Back
Top Bottom