National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

I’m all for being respectful of a paid position in life no matter how humble, but to say fruit picking is skilled?
If it's not skilled you will be able to do it without breaking sweat. Can we watch?

I’m all for being respectful of a paid position in life no matter how humble, but to say fruit picking is skilled?

Lots of ifs in that post too. Britain’s legitimate immigration policy towards welcoming skilled Labour has been entirely unaffected by Brexit.

It’s more probably that travel restrictions imposed by native governments due to Covid have created a foreseeable shortage over the past 18 months. Combine that with an assumption that perhaps some unscrupulous farmers would rather let fruit rot and claim the numerous grants than pay seasonal workers over £10 an hour, and we get closer to the real issue. Which is completely unrelated to Brexit.
I agree with what your saying, but you have to be skilled with bending and picking for anything up to at least 10 hours, it’s bloody hard work and I should know having to take 3 daughters strawberry picking and after 20 mins I was knackered.

Why five?

Brexit has created or made these situations worse

1. My and my family's freedom of movement across the EU had been removed. My children will find it far harder to study in the EU (as one of them wants to). ✅

2. The cat's not happy (you'll need to refer to previous posts but this relates to the totally unnecessary shortage in shops). 🔫

3. My garden waste bin hasn't been emptied for five weeks. (this maybe a minor inconvenience but an unnecessary inconvenience none the less). ❌

4. A close relation lives in NI and she says life is really 'uncomfortable' now. 🧚‍♀️

5. The additional Inflation due to Brexit. (note I'm not laying inflation in its entirety at the door of Brexit). ❓

Edit: and I haven't been abroad yet so I can't comment of others negative experiences.

Edit 2: it's not about me it's about how it's affects everyone.
I`ll give you the first point but it is a "maybe" not a "will"for the child.

Cat - really? It`s probably poncing food off the neighbours, they all do.

Garden waste bin? Get a composter - be green.

NI "uncomfortable" .... needs detail - could be piles.

Inflation? Are you "worse off" ?

Edit: I`m off for 2 weeks tomorrow - I`ll let you know!

Edit 2: Likewise - I just haven`t seen any empty shelves, starving cats etc....

Toodle pip! 🤷‍♀️:cool:

Cat - really? It`s probably poncing food off the neighbours, they all do.
You deliberately miss the point.
NI "uncomfortable" .... needs detail - could be piles.
This doesn't deserve a reply.
Inflation? Are you "worse off" ?
Er, Yes.
I`ll give you the first point but it is a "maybe" not a "will"for the child.
It is. I'm pleased others don't have your lack of ambition.

• React
Reactions: Ian

Used to be an eighth of Lebanese Gold back in the day... none of this gram lark. :)

Cut it with a bit (lot) of Oxo cube, when they were softer & more pliable, sell to students.

So I am told anyway....... 🤷‍♀️

Are the cisterns in the Bird still artexed? :ROFLMAO:

I think y
Used to be an eighth of Lebanese Gold back in the day... none of this gram lark. :)

Cut it with a bit (lot) of Oxo cube, when they were softer & more pliable, sell to students.

So I am told anyway....... 🤷‍♀️

Are the cisterns in the Bird still artexed? :ROFLMAO:
I think you might be confusing Mayjane with the ol Peruvian Disco Powder :unsure:🕺 which is allegedly Govee's toot of choice...

I particularly liked this bit.
“However, we will expect industries competing in a world of incredibly precise technology to stop using nanograms and microns and, instead, rely on something based on a medieval peasant putting his hand against the neck of a horse. Brexit means Brexit.”:ROFLMAO:

I think y

I think you might be confusing Mayjane with the ol Peruvian Disco Powder :unsure:🕺 which is allegedly Govee's toot of choice...

I particularly liked this bit.
“However, we will expect industries competing in a world of incredibly precise technology to stop using nanograms and microns and, instead, rely on something based on a medieval peasant putting his hand against the neck of a horse. Brexit means Brexit.”:ROFLMAO:

Flipping dealers mixing up Imperial and Metric. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

In reality, most of us probably go to the pub and ask for "a pint of..*insert drink of choice* please".

Never noticed anyone asking for "Half a litre of ...... please". 🤷‍♀️

Flipping dealers mixing up Imperial and Metric. [emoji23] [emoji23]

In reality, most of us probably go to the pub and ask for "a pint of..*insert drink of choice* please".

Never noticed anyone asking for "Half a litre of ...... please". [emoji2368]
Why not consult everyone's favourite Brexit/EU encyclopedia[emoji848]:

Now it's an offence to pull beer in litres: Last orders for Polish restaurant https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-pints.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

Garden waste bin? Get a composter - be green
I have a composter bin but if you are the green fingered, Good Life loving fan you claim to be you'd know you can't compost ...

Tomato plants with signs of blight
Potato plants with signs of blight.
Flowers and weeds that have gone to seed.
Copious amounts of grass.

That all from this week's Gardeners' World as it's now football time. :) Thank fk!

I missed a lot of this, but it did make me laugh that people are seriously trying to define bending down and picking as a skill! The finer details of the skill requirements for brain surgery would blow your mind if you think being able to bend your knees and and pinch your fingers is somehow anything other than menial.

Really, if a squabble about the definition of what skilled Labour is, when the garden bin is being collected, and how much felix the cat is getting are the main negative effects of Brexit to date, then I think we can safely say the world has kept turning and the lights aren’t about to go out anytime soon.

I was fully aware of the date on it and chose it purposefully to show just how long this has been a non-issue, even if (perversely for the Mail) they still tried to make it one.....

It just shows too that their raison d'etre has always been to make their readership feel aggrieved about something/anything, making it much easier for shysters to slither in with claims of curing all those ills....

• React
Reactions: QR
it did make me laugh that people are seriously trying to define bending down and picking as a skill! The finer details of the skill requirements for brain surgery would blow your mind if you think being able to bend your knees and and pinch your fingers is somehow anything other than menial.
In the same way these manual workers would not be able to do brain surgery I bet you'll find most brain surgeons couldn't do the work at the pace required by the job of most of the manual workers.
Really, if a squabble about the definition of what skilled Labour is, when the garden bin is being collected, and how much felix the cat is getting are the main negative effects of Brexit to date,
No these aren't the main negative effects of Brexit, they are the ones that effect one person i.e. me, as the question was posed of me above. Go and have a chat with Cornish fishermen and women.

I think we can safely say the world has kept turning and the lights aren’t about to go out anytime soon.

We don't need the EU we can buy British. Or can we ????

I missed a lot of this
Yes you have haven't you.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom