National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

You've missing the point. The new red take affects the smaller merchants not the big boys. 🤦‍♂️

That is the nature of business.... some win, some lose.
Adapt to change or miss out...... either Mr Vegan Whiner does the paperwork or writes to his MP and suggests it is made easier for small merchants...... or whines on social media that "It`s not fair".... whilst stamping his brogues.

You've missing the point. The new red take affects the smaller merchants not the big boys. 🤦‍♂️
I’m not missing anything Thankyou.
It affects all businesses.
“Smaller” merchants would normally be members of a trade body, who pool resources and data and ease access to the information.

26e7c3601048e13223e8c1251f190ede.jpg

Hmm. They don’t want the vaccine but won’t export to us ?

Lochfyne were full on Brexiteers. They must have known what the existing rules were (and still are) for third countries because they knew what they were voting for. Very confusing.

Still got enough time to spread the paperwork out and post selfies on Twitter though.
As earlier, it will take time to resolve what is necessary and what isn`t.
40 years of creep won`t be gone in 3 months.

And when it does go nobody will be posting about it because it doesn`t get them clicks.........

That is the nature of business.... some win, some lose.
Adapt to change or miss out...... either Mr Vegan Whiner does the paperwork or writes to his MP and suggests it is made easier for small merchants...... or whines on social media that "It`s not fair".... whilst stamping his brogues.
Hey @Essexyellows you've got something right!! This firm is 'adapting' by no longer using British pork!

And there in a nutshell is what is wrong with this fcuked up world - you send stuff 700 miles to be made into other stuff that you then send 700 miles back to where it started......

And there in a nutshell is what is wrong with this fcuked up world - you send stuff 700 miles to be made into other stuff that you then send 700 miles back to where it started......

Glad you said it!

I wonder if @QR is concerned about "food miles" ?

If Mrs Organic Hotdog woman had her manufacturing in the UK then it benefits the planet. Simple fix really.

Classic Organic/Vegan types................ export your issues so you can`t see them.

Glad you said it!

I wonder if @QR is concerned about "food miles" ?

If Mrs Organic Hotdog woman had her manufacturing in the UK then it benefits the planet. Simple fix really.

Classic Organic/Vegan types................ export your issues so you can`t see them.
I clearly should have listened more closely in geography. Here's me thinking Europe is closer to the UK than the far east or the USA 🤦‍♂️

Wine imports from the EU update:
Vi-1 forms not now required until Jan 1st 2022.

Attachments

• F5F39809-82FF-4D6B-8E80-AB3153330895.jpg
    F5F39809-82FF-4D6B-8E80-AB3153330895.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Doesn’t matter what you call it.
To me it’s a government department listening and acting.
As Brexit unfolds, there will hopefully be more similar decisions made, to ease the route to market for our businesses .
If only they’d had time to plan for it in advance.

That time was wasted by the losers trying to nullify the result because they didn`t like it. :D

Interesting conversation with a friend of mine that currently UK meat prices are at almost record levels, I asked why.

"Domestic (UK) demand is being driven by an unprecedented level of home cooking due to lockdown, and the absence of catering outlets using principally imported meat - add to that the fact that some consumers have inadvertently unearthed their local butcher, and undoubtedly this has created a greater focus on sourcing home-produced meat."

It`s down to us to choose better be it wine, meat, veg etc. So Mrs Organic Hotdog won`t be on my shopping list. (y)

Interesting conversation with a friend of mine that currently UK meat prices are at almost record levels, I asked why.

"Domestic (UK) demand is being driven by an unprecedented level of home cooking due to lockdown, and the absence of catering outlets using principally imported meat - add to that the fact that some consumers have inadvertently unearthed their local butcher, and undoubtedly this has created a greater focus on sourcing home-produced meat."
Well done on remembering a conversation with your friend so accurately! Maybe you taped it? Read more like an official meat industry statement than a chat with a friend.

Always, what appears to be a negative from some on this place.
It’s been delayed, no doubt for further consideration and improvements.
Those directly affected will continue to lobby.

That time was wasted by the losers trying to nullify the result because they didn`t like it. :D

It`s down to us to choose better be it wine, meat, veg etc. So Mrs Organic Hotdog won`t be on my shopping list. (y)
Even the quality of your bullshit is on the slide. 😂

Back
Top Bottom