Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

So why were the media briefed about the takeover and by whom? They all had the same story ready to go live at 6pm, that’s not them
Coordinating that, the story was given to them all.

It would be an almighty wind up if all the rumours turned out to be false. I'm not getting my hopes up too much until I see something official.

Robinson said he knew 100% what was happening. Surely there is something to this.

Erick has been bankrolling the club behind the scenes since 2018, Horst has been a director since September 2018, these are not new people.

Karl said on Saturday he went to Bicester village with Tiger, erick, horst , susie for coffee ages ago so this has always been the plan all along.

Wether Tiger will have any involvement after this takeover isn't known yet. But the fact is Tiger hasn't got the financial clout to either build a stadium or to make us in to top 30 club.
Perhaps Tiger doesn’t have the money or is struggling after COVID. But if Erick is funding the club it would be fair if he were the controlling partner. I mean it would be silly to put up, whatever it might cost for the ground or a new one without full control.
looking at it another way if he’s involved already if nothing has changed then why make the change now?

It would be an almighty wind up if all the rumours turned out to be false. I'm not getting my hopes up too much until I see something official.
I'm preparing for an announcement that we are welcoming back Brian Wilsterman as general manager.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I've said all of this before. It just feels like the tone of these two statements have been a little defensive and I just felt that they could have been presented in a more positive way. Nothing to panic about, just my opinion!
Knowing a little more than the average bear, I'm not sure there is any hostility amongst the board, and I believe Tiger is readily welcoming greater investment, but to me, that statement sounds a little defensive.

On the back of the Oxvox statement of denial, I wonder if saying nothing may have been more appropriate rather than saying something that creates speculation. Although, as the only one raising this, maybe it's just my perspective and an unusually negative one at that!! That lost hour must be creeping up on me!!!

I don't see the statement from Oxvox as a 'denial' far more a confirmation that they don't know anymore than the rest of us. They are aware, as are we all, that plans for the future involve the stadium. They are aware that that could be a new stadium or maybe the existing (although we are mostly of the opinion that the club will move) But, as you know more than us (and them) perhaps you could enlighten us all? Or, is it just your 'opinion' that you know more?

Oxvox:

We will of course keep you updated with everything we know but it is important to reiterate that we feel communication with all levels of the club is vital and we are working hard to speak to all members of the board and get a clearer picture of not only this potential deal, but their plans moving forward. We have made it clear to the club that fans deserve more for their unwavering support in this difficult year than to be kept in the dark over such important issues and we continue to press them for greater clarity.

While we are not privy to every meeting or conversation involved it is still our strong understanding that no site is confirmed and that all options regarding how the club move forward, including development of the Kassam stadium, are still being considered.

I believe Oxvox have been open and honest about the situation. They have not, as yet it appears, been made party to the discussions ongoing. The club have, via a coordinated press 'leak' made it known that discussions are happening and it was fairly straightforward for some of us to get more detail by a few minutes googling and reading. Sometimes it is not prudent to reveal the extent of negotiations nor wise to admit, sometimes, that they are even taking place. The facts are that the club has cleared all 'charges' against the club, all debts have been settled and following cash input from the shareholders, the club is showing a positive balance on the books.
The implications of a change in majority share holding are that the major players in the development (stadium) partnership want to take the lead in where the club is going and how much that is going to cost them. All fairly sensible. The difference is how those people conduct themselves in this sort of area. None of them would wish for their financial affairs to be discussed in public. It is understandable that, as supporters, we are more 'possessive' of 'our' club and demand to know more, of course, we are not entitled to know but we still insist. It is one of those "in the fullness of time" events.

It must be infuriating that your mate (Boo Boo?) at the club has got nothing to tell you, factual or otherwise, at this time.

Anyway, take care and watch out for Ranger Smith.

Ranger Smith.png

Perhaps Tiger doesn’t have the money or is struggling after COVID. But if Erick is funding the club it would be fair if he were the controlling partner. I mean it would be silly to put up, whatever it might cost for the ground or a new one without full control.
looking at it another way if he’s involved already if nothing has changed then why make the change now?
Because it looks as if it is about to change and if he's putting in a shed load of money he needs to have the major shareholding. These guys are all friends. I would be very surprised if they are not all agreed on whatever the plan is. Tiger may be taking more of a back seat financially but I would expect him to remain involved and probably still the public face of the club. I would also expect in the medium term a change in the day to day structure of the running of the club. Probably a new CEO (Mark Ashton is rumoured to be less than content at Bristol City); Possibly a Director of Football (which KR won't like) and a shake up of the recruitment regime. If we now have the clout to be serious contenders for success in the Championship and beyond there will be a major step up on and off the field.

The problem with local councillors is that they are usually normal people with normal jobs who want to serve their local communities and they should be commended for that. When serious international business people get involved and bring to them a multi-million pound deal they often don't understand it and are intimidated by it so they rejected it or refer it to someone else to make the decision.

Expect a few proposals for a new ground to be rejected and appealed before it goes to a higher approving authority who do understand and aren't intimidated by the scale of the project, those involved and the cost of it.

I would like to know what the connection is between this 'Pam Thomas' and a county councillor who deems it fit to disclose information regarding prospective planning or otherwise. (If that is the case)

Just googled the names on that screen shot and Maurice Billington is the Vice-chairman of the Cherwell District Council Planning Committee
https://modgov.cherwell.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=117

Why is it too expensive for the council though? Is it not a privately funded deal by Thohir & co? What are the asking the council for?

Looking at the minutes from two previous meetings, there is no mention of Stratford Brake.

I don't like that word Kassam. I hope that he is not in any way involved.
Thing is, the 'Kassam' is not moving. OUFC maybe but not the 'Kassam'

I would like to know what the connection is between this 'Pam Thomas' and a county councillor who deems it fit to disclose information regarding prospective planning or otherwise. (If that is the case)

Looking at the minutes from two previous meetings, there is no mention of Stratford Brake.

Thing is, the 'Kassam' is not moving. OUFC maybe but not the 'Kassam'
That would be fine.

Our custodian thinking of us again , much cheaper to move three sides than a whole Stadium ....forward planning that guy 🙃

Maybe Kassam's trying to relocate his home to Stratfield Brake? I heard it's within walking distance of Oxford Parkway

Back
Top Bottom