Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

Why are they talking about moving the 'kassam' anyway? This all seems a bit weird :D

Thanks for that, I was thinking more of who this 'Pam Thomas' is? I can find one Pam Thomas linked to the Beefeater but that seems a little tenuous. And can we really believe that a councillor is phoning a resident (?) to update on council meetings?
Maurice does. There was a planning application behind my ex's house and he called. He's full of s**t mind. What he said would happen didn't because the builder used planning consultants to get what he wanted despite tonnes of objections.

Based on that, I'd say take that tweet with a pinch of salt. I'm sure if United are intereste in Stratfield Brake, they won't be put off by one planning meeting.

Thanks for that, I was thinking more of who this 'Pam Thomas' is? I can find one Pam Thomas linked to the Beefeater but that seems a little tenuous. And can we really believe that a councillor is phoning a resident (?) to update on council meetings?
Maurice Billington, being a Tory councillor, is, maybe, following his lecherous party leaders lead? :unsure: :oops::sneaky:

Maurice does. There was a planning application behind my ex's house and he called. He's full of s**t mind. What he said would happen didn't because the builder used planning consultants to get what he wanted despite tonnes of objections.

Based on that, I'd say take that tweet with a pinch of salt. I'm sure if United are intereste in Stratfield Brake, they won't be put off by one planning meeting.
A formal planning application hasn't been made yet looking at the CDC website, sounds like it's still at the feasibility study stage.

Would love a statement from Thohir & Co.

I've emailed Councillor Billington direct and asked him to confirm the veracity of the 'tweet'. Whether I get an answer is another matter.

Another thought, for weeks we've been discussing the potential location for a new stadium without any concrete information being made public. Then, out of the blue, appears a tweet from somebody claiming to have been informed, by a County Councillor, no less, that the proposed move to Stratfield Brake is not happening. Quite extraordinary.

# There are dozens of profiles for Pam Thomas on Twitter, but not one that I can see has that photo linked to it.

#Search of Twitter for the text in the "Tweet" comes up blank.

#Why is the link to a picture rather than a direct link to the tweet itself?

#Posted as "General" to "Anyone" yet this is a fairly specific piece of info for consumption by a defined group.

#Post appears to have originated on 1st April

You may draw you own conclusions as I have done.....

Of course it would be too expensive to move the kassam to Stratfield Brake. Would be cheaper to build new from scratch. Think that tweet is an April Fools.

It's not a tweet. Doesn't look like Facebook either. There are many apps groups and teams can sign up to to communicate like Spond fue example. Could be a local residents group or one of the teams that play at Stratfield Brake currently. Could also be a message board type forum. 20210402_103437.jpg

Of course it would be too expensive to move the kassam to Stratfield Brake. Would be cheaper to build new from scratch. Think that tweet is an April Fools.
I would think the wording of kassam being used, is more in context of a stadium going from one location to another. Not the actual kassam being moved brick by brick! But who knows if it’s an April fools.

Interesting note, Maurice Billington used to be a committee member on the Oxford Utd Supporters Club. Worked hard and supported the club let’s hope he remembers his old friends and helps his football club to its needs.

It's not a tweet. Doesn't look like Facebook either. There are many apps groups and teams can sign up to to communicate like Spond fue example. Could be a local residents group or one of the teams that play at Stratfield Brake currently. Could also be a message board type forum. View attachment 6014

What I don't get is, why is it too expensive, why oxford city council? Sounds to me like cherwell district council were going to build a sports village with a stadium to lease back to us?

View attachment 6017
I can't read that.
What's being said?
sorry just signed up to post the screenshots I’ve got not got to grips with adding photos,
But they’re commenting on that the plans were refused 2 days ago but not aware there was any plans submitted in the public domain, some people commented that parking would be an issue, another comment about it would benefit younger families in kidlington, and the worse comment is it will ruin the area with out of control football fans and the ground should be in oxford and not the surrounding areas.
I have posted the full screenshots on twitter

View attachment 6017

sorry just signed up to post the screenshots I’ve got not got to grips with adding photos,
But they’re commenting on that the plans were refused 2 days ago but not aware there was any plans submitted in the public domain, some people commented that parking would be an issue, another comment about it would benefit younger families in kidlington, and the worse comment is it will ruin the area with out of control football fans and the ground should be in oxford and not the surrounding areas.

Link to twitter please.

View attachment 6017

As you say, if people have raised objections, the plans would be out there and on the planning website.

Maurice may have spoken to her to say that he wants to stop it because he's had feedback from residents following the rumours. He did the same with plans for work that upset people where I used to live ( which went through).

However, he doesn't have the authority to stop us from putting an application in and people can't formally object unless plans are published on the planning register

Back
Top Bottom