General Sykes wants to play for the republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We out-perform the EU on almost all workers standards and the EU is a protection racket for big business. Good try though.

I'll do just fine thanks as will almost everyone else. Enjoy sulking about it for the rest of your life x

After that short but bitter exchange shall we forget about it and get on with the football?

I’m educated enough thank you.
McClean is a Catholic so will hold republican views, hardly ground breaking stuff is it.

Really, so all Roman Catholics hold extreme republican views, all RCs who played in England revelled in it?

Many Irish RCs came here, played and loved it here and were loved in return. One my heroes was Davy Langan who was an RC from Dublin, he played, showed respect and got it in return like most, see the difference, as I say, educate yourself...

Really, so all Roman Catholics hold extreme republican views, all RCs who played in England revelled in it?

Many Irish RCs came here, played and loved it here and were loved in return. One my heroes was Davy Langan who was an RC from Dublin, he played, showed respect and got it in return like most, see the difference, as I say, educate yourself...
Dublin isn’t in the North is it. McClean grew up on the Creggan estate in Derry which is a republican area.
Like I said in one of my previous posts, unless you were born into it you have no idea what it was like.

Dublin isn’t in the North is it. McClean grew up on the Creggan estate in Derry which is a republican area.
Like I said in one of my previous posts, unless you were born into it you have no idea what it was like.

He came from Londonderry, I spend quite a lot of time there. He was not even born during the troubles, he is a vile scumbag who shows no respect unlike many others.

I am in Londonderry often, and was actually there again a couple of weeks back with friends on the waterside, as I say again, educate yourself...

He came from Londonderry, I spend quite a lot of time there. He was not even born during the troubles, he is a vile scumbag who shows no respect unlike many others.

I am in Londonderry often, and was actually there again a couple of weeks back with friends on the waterside, as I say again, educate yourself...
It’s Derry now isn’t it?

Oh dear.

I'm obviously uneducated and lacking in compassion compared to some on here, but what saddens me is that 20 odd years since the GFA and yet the same old arguments are used to justify why a young man should or shouldn't play football for a nation he is eligible for.

I appreciate that these things run deep, and I don't underestimate the feelings on different sides, but let's be honest, it's all a load of bollox isn't it?

Maybe if people spent less time worrying about which God (if any) others believed in, what colour they are, where they come from, who they fall in love with, what they eat, what they wear, what name they want to be called, with whatever pronoun they identify with, and certainly what f*****g football they play for, and just focused on their own lives, maybe the world would be a better place to live.

I'm obviously uneducated and lacking in compassion compared to some on here, but what saddens me is that 20 odd years since the GFA and yet the same old arguments are used to justify why a young man should or shouldn't play football for a nation he is eligible for.

I appreciate that these things run deep, and I don't underestimate the feelings on different sides, but let's be honest, it's all a load of bollox isn't it?

Maybe if people spent less time worrying about which God (if any) others believed in, what colour they are, where they come from, who they fall in love with, what they eat, what they wear, what name they want to be called, with whatever pronoun they identify with, and certainly what f*****g football they play for, and just focused on their own lives, maybe the world would be a better place to live.

Along the lines of what I eluded to, maybe some need to show respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom