General Sykes being loaned out!!!!

Really? He took his goal well but I was disappointed in his performance. I thought that he was very good last season. But having seen him in pre season and tonight he doesn't seem to have kicked on?
Baptiste looked far better in my view.
I felt him and Baptist helped bring the ball forward and apply pressure to them in parts of the first half and in the latter stages of the second half. He made a good run for the goal and although his shot wasnt the best, he took his chance and scored. He also made some good passes and really helped with the pressing and worked well with Baptiste as it allowed him to stay back a little. It wasnt a great performance, but it was a solid performance for someone who is good enough to start when we rotate the squad, like tonight, and cover for people when they are injured or suspended. Also I dont think we really have any other cover for Brannagan, Hanson is the perfect cover for Gorrin, Baptiste isnt the same type of midfielder as Brannagan, and Thorne looks like a Lundstrum type of player, someone to pull the strings, so the way I see it Sykes is the only like for like replacement for Brannagan, and also as Brannagan is gonna pick up a fair few yellow cards

Surely not. He should not be loaned out, after the way he played on Tuesday. Apart from the goal he had a good game. The promotion game is all about having strength in depth. Loaning out talent like Sykes therefore is not conversant with that. Players that need game time to improve themselves need to go out for the season, to prove they may one day become first team players, such as Jones and the left back from Tuesday night.

Game time will help him, as long as there is a recall clause inserted.

So the deadlines come and gone and Mark is still here, I'm pleased about that, don't know whether a KR decision or no offers. He needs to do a lot better now if/when he is given a chance than he has shown so far in pre season and last week.

So the deadlines come and gone and Mark is still here, I'm pleased about that, don't know whether a KR decision or no offers. He needs to do a lot better now if/when he is given a chance than he has shown so far in pre season and last week.
think he may play tomorrow night ?

With Sykes, Woodburn and Nico Jones all having been called up to International squads, conceivably could the away game at Fleetwood be postponed? - I doubt it will be postponed, but nonetheless, I'm wondering if with 3 players called up the match could've been postponed?.... or as Jones' RoI call up isn't for the full RoI squad that OUFC fall below the minimum amount of call ups (3?) .... also although not called up this time, obviously coming back from injury, Baptiste has previously had International experience too, what if he gets called up 'next' time?

With Sykes, Woodburn and Nico Jones all having been called up to International squads, conceivably could the away game at Fleetwood be postponed? - I doubt it will be postponed, but nonetheless, I'm wondering if with 3 players called up the match could've been postponed?.... or as Jones' RoI call up isn't for the full RoI squad that OUFC fall below the minimum amount of call ups (3?) .... also although not called up this time, obviously coming back from injury, Baptiste has previously had International experience too, what if he gets called up 'next' time?

Home teams have to give 5 clear days notice and an away team 7 clear days. 3 or more call ups required and does include u21’s I think. So the late call up would have scuppered us anyway.

KR in todays OM re International call ups/ matches called off ....

He's not on the bench for NI tonight, that's odd, he was on Sat....

NI have made 7 or 8 changes tonight. Even Whyte isnt starting so no surprise Sykes isng on the bench.
I do feel for Sykes and us not starting and no game time, I hope there was a good reason for him not being on the bench. People say making the squad is a big deal and I’m sure it is but Michael O’neil Probably new that Sykes wouldn’t start and he could have waited to call him up, not sure but he may have made a bit of a difference last Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom