General Sykes being loaned out!!!!

Let's be fair, we probably all sit near people who sound like they've never even seen a game of football in their lives, despite going week in, week out!

I had one guy last year spend 3 or 4 games shouting "Garbutt, you're s**t" at Josh Ruffels!!!

LMFAO that’s embarrassing!

Similar thing happened to me. These two lads sat behind me a while back. One of them I’ve seen around quite a bit over the years (most of the time overly loud and overly pissed). but this week he had a very green mate with him, who was trying too hard to fit in. Pissed bloke had a real thing about obika! Well that’s not unusual:) I suppose, but every time he moaned green mate moans too. Basically every word pissed bloke shouts green bloke repeats in a similar fashion.
As the game goes on green bloke gets a bit more confident and starts shouting his own abuse at obika only thing is obika had been off for 10 minutes or more. After enjoying a further 10 minutes or so of the pair abusing the absent obika I simply informed them of the fact and 5 minutes later they were gone :)

The best one for me was a chap who brought his son to a match. They sat in front of me in the SSU. Dad read his newspaper (The Times) throughout the match only to look up a few times and shout either "The referee is a w****r" or Atkins you are a t**t. THAT WAS LAST SEASON.

The best one for me was a chap who brought his son to a match. They sat in front of me in the SSU. Dad read his newspaper (The Times) throughout the match only to look up a few times and shout either "The referee is a w****r" or Atkins you are a t**t. THAT WAS LAST SEASON.
???

Hope he is in the team against Millwall.
According to Ox Mail article today, looks like hes on the bench

TONIGHT’S LINE-UPS
Oxford Utd:
Eastwood, Long, Dickie, Moore, Ruffels, Gorrin, Hanson, Hall, Henry, Forde, Mackie, Woodburn, Fosu, Lofthouse, Baptiste, Sykes, Thorne, Mousinho, Berkoe, Stevens.
Millwall: from Steele, McCarthy, Hutchinson, M Wallace, Ferguson, Mahoney, Leonard, Molumby, O’Brien, Bradshaw, Bodvarsson, Elliott, Smith, Thompson, Williams, Pearce, Cooper, Bialkowski.

I still find myself shouting Horton Out for no apparent reason, especially if I've had an extra pre-match pint in the 'bird. I don't read The Times though so does that count?

I still find myself shouting Horton Out for no apparent reason, especially if I've had an extra pre-match pint in the 'bird. I don't read The Times though so does that count?

:LOL:

Having survived through David Kemp, Mark Wright, Graeme Rix, Brian Talbot, Darren Patterson and Pep Clotet…..I would have thought you'd be over Horton by now!

Makes the starting lineup tonight.

Does he have a chance to make the first team considerations, or is this shop window stuff?

Last edited:
Makes he starting lineup tonight.

Does he have a chance to make the first team considerations, or is this shop window stuff?
Bit of both I'd guess. If he really takes the game by the scruff of the neck and shows what he is capable of, then there's a chance KR will keep him involved. Tough game to do it in, but at this level you have to take every chance that comes your way.

I suspect that a few potential clubs may also be watching him tonight so might help him get a better move too.

After that performance if he is sent out on loan its lunacy, especially if Brannagan has a knock and Thorne is a few weeks away AND is injury prone AND as Gorrin will rack up yellow cards

After that performance if he is sent out on loan its lunacy, especially if Brannagan has a knock and Thorne is a few weeks away AND is injury prone AND as Gorrin will rack up yellow cards
Really? He took his goal well but I was disappointed in his performance. I thought that he was very good last season. But having seen him in pre season and tonight he doesn't seem to have kicked on?
Baptiste looked far better in my view.

Agree that he did little apart from the goal. If Taylor is out for longer than expected, then it might be worth looking at another striker on loan and keeping Sykes but I'm not sure he showed anything tonight that would be worth him staying otherwise.

Agree that he did little apart from the goal. If Taylor is out for longer than expected, then it might be worth looking at another striker on loan and keeping Sykes but I'm not sure he showed anything tonight that would be worth him staying otherwise.

He’s better playing through the middle.

I’d definitely not loan him out.

Really? He took his goal well but I was disappointed in his performance. I thought that he was very good last season. But having seen him in pre season and tonight he doesn't seem to have kicked on?
Baptiste looked far better in my view.

Agree.

Took his goal well but little else in his performance to suggest he’s going to oust any of our regulars any time soon. I felt he played too many passes backwards rather than try and get on the front foot. It wasn’t a performance littered with mistakes but it was fairly bland from a player looking to make an impression on his current manager and any who may have been watching with a view to loaning him.

Thought he was largely poor tonight (as were most of the team for 85 minutes, but that includes him). Shot took a pretty wicked deflection but fair play, he had a crack and sometimes you need that little bit of luck. But on that performance he still needs regular competitive football to kick on and I don’t know that he’ll get that here.

Back
Top Bottom