Championship Sunderland ban vapes and coins for away fans

I wonder how that’ll affect refreshment sales.?

Last edited:
Thats ridiculous. If I ever went there I wouldn’t be happy. If I had a couple of quid in my pocket would they take it and give me a receipt?

That's bulls**t taking your money & giving it to charity.
I think you'll find that is stealing by menaces?? Mmmmm!!!

Just wondering is Sunderland one of those cashless ( card only ) grounds ? . If not how do they go about giving you your change if your buying burger , hot dog , drinks etc

Just wondering is Sunderland one of those cashless ( card only ) grounds ? . If not how do they go about giving you your change if your buying burger , hot dog , drinks etc
Good point

apparently they will take it and give it to charity...
theft ....didnt a chap called Turpin get hanged for similar? - mind you he did wear a mask

seriously though I hope FSF / FSA ( I lose track ) are challenging this ( no vapes, no coins)

theft ....didnt a chap called Turpin get hanged for similar? - mind you he did wear a mask

seriously though I hope FSF / FSA ( I lose track ) are challenging this ( no vapes, no coins)
You forgot SAFC are being prejudiced towards the away fans as I’m sure they must think their fans are little angels…..bless ‘em

Is taking cash off of people legal when you're not selling a product?

If someone is carrying £4 in coins and the club take that money off them where does it go? Isn't that just theft?

Is taking cash off of people legal when you're not selling a product?

If someone is carrying £4 in coins and the club take that money off them where does it go? Isn't that just theft?
You are entering a private premise, if the rules of the premise are legal and you are notified of the terms of buying entry, then they are just enforcing terms of entry. So the person will have the choice of dispose of the offending item, or leave.
In effect the same as OUFC's ground regulation that ban "any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety" - which is if theory suitably wide as to encompass coins (though TBH so suitably all-encompassing that it could be challengeable in law?), its just Sunderland have made 2 more things explicitly named.
What they do with it is a bigger issue, they claim they are going to give the coins to charity - are they going to have sealed official collecting tins at the turnstiles/search points? If not then there is clear gaps where theft/misuse could occur.

Back
Top Bottom