Sunderland Away

Comparing Portsmouth to us is like you lads comparing yourselves to Huddersfield or Burnley ffs

How many Pompey fans do you know? Trust me they think they are massive and by far the biggest attraction in our league.
Personally I think potentially they could be if they ever left Fratton Park.

Surely a whoosh

We’ve won infinitely more
Have a vastly bigger fan base
And have spent more than almost any other other team in the top flight .

Only really us Leeds and villa outside the top flight in the big club bracket

Portsmouth have won two championships since you won your last in 1936. Both clubs have won the FA Cup twice. Take out Sunderland's Victorian success and I would say it's pretty even.

I’d say Middlesbrough are bigger than Sunderland, although both are tiny compared to Newcastle.
Fancy naming your stadium after and English translation of Portuguese ground.

All but one of Sunderland’s trophies was one before World War Two, with most of those before World War One and half the titles in the 19th century. Sunderland were big in a completely different era of an almost completely different game, they are a medium sized club dwarfed by the big city teams, that’s unlikely to ever change.

Just got home and in fairness I thought this would be a tough game and we were very poor today. Very poor first 15 mins you lads got deservedly ahead. Then the ref who was abysmal all game gives the red. Borderline one but the only complaint I have is if you give that then the aftershave lad should have gone a few minutes after as should Maguire who lost his head from the kickoff onwards and another one of yours when he pulled back Scrattermole . Big struggle from there on in your tactics worked well for you.

Think you lads will do ok this season you have to do what you have to do to get a result and although today was one of the dirtiest performances I've seen from an away team your tactics worked for you. We got away with a few last weekend so were probably due some dodgy refereeing against us.

On the balance of play think you should probably have won tbh.

Decent away following , good luck for the rest of the season.

Just got home and in fairness I thought this would be a tough game and we were very poor today. Very poor first 15 mins you lads got deservedly ahead. Then the ref who was abysmal all game gives the red. Borderline one but the only complaint I have is if you give that then the aftershave lad should have gone a few minutes after as should Maguire who lost his head from the kickoff onwards and another one of yours when he pulled back Scrattermole . Big struggle from there on in your tactics worked well for you.

Think you lads will do ok this season you have to do what you have to do to get a result and although today was one of the dirtiest performances I've seen from an away team your tactics worked for you. We got away with a few last weekend so were probably due some dodgy refereeing against us.

Think you need to have a look at the bbc stats ?

'Dirtiest performance'? You committed more fouls than we did. And you are not the only one who has had some dodgy reffing this season - we've had three so far that were so poor they were laughable. Just wait until you get Trevor 'Eenee-Meanie-Miney-Mo' Kettle.... Welcome to L1. I think you'll still be here next season - once teams start playing what's in front of them rather than the reputation you'll be found out (the same happened when we went down a couple of divisions).

Dirty northern bastards I believe was the chorus, ref was so bias to Sunderland. Why were Sunderland so quiet didn't hear a peep until they scored

I am amazed.
I would say that it was one of the dirtiest performances I have seen from a home team in this Division.
There were numerous appalling challenges and 5 bookings and one sending off doesn't tell the whole story.sunderland were very lucky in my view to go in with 10 players.
How Maguire was still on the pitch goodness knows.

I am amazed.
I would say that it was one of the dirtiest performances I have seen from a home team in this Division.
There were numerous appalling challenges and 5 bookings and one sending off doesn't tell the whole story.sunderland were very lucky in my view to go in with 10 players.
How Maguire was still on the pitch goodness knows.
The perception from Rad Ox was the Ref didn't want to send another of their players off, but Mags was on a hair trigger for another card. Not bad from Norman was playing for Kings Lynn last year :D

Having spoken to quite a few Sunderland supporters after the game and I the town tonight they all suggested that Oxford should have win and most thought it was a definite sending off.
Not the keyboard warriors?

Typical Geordie :)

Having spoken to quite a few Sunderland supporters after the game and I the town tonight they all suggested that Oxford should have win and most thought it was a definite sending off.
Not the keyboard warriors?
It was sending off, without doubt. The ref wasn't great mind, but not many are outside the premiership.

It was sending off, without doubt. The ref wasn't great mind, but not many are outside the premiership.
Take that back - just seen it on sky. It was a yellow, but Maguire and the Oxford 26 should have both gone. The ref was pretty hopeless.

Take that back - just seen it on sky. It was a yellow, but Maguire and the Oxford 26 should have both gone. The ref was pretty hopeless.

A wild hack launched from metres away from the ball, zero chance of winning it - very cynical challenge, red absolutely merited. Since 1998; "A tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play. Acts of serious foul play are punishable by a red card".

I'd've accepted red for Baptiste only if Sunderland were already down to eight; Cattermole and Maguire only still on by dint of a referee losing his bottle after initially doing well.

A wild hack launched from metres away from the ball, zero chance of winning it - very cynical challenge, red absolutely merited. Since 1998; "A tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play. Acts of serious foul play are punishable by a red card".

I'd've accepted red for Baptiste only if Sunderland were already down to eight; Cattermole and Maguire only still on by dint of a referee losing his bottle after initially doing well.
Your own manager didn't think it a red and that the ref was hopeless.

Back
Top Bottom