Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Ethan Galbraith be beyond us? Wanted by all sorts of clubs ranging from Premier League (presumably to loan out again) but also the top-paying EFL clubs down at our level. Definitely leaving United.

Would Ethan Galbraith be beyond us? Wanted by all sorts of clubs ranging from Premier League (presumably to loan out again) but also the top-paying EFL clubs down at our level. Definitely leaving United.
Really good player, would be a coup at this level, perhaps quite similar to what we have got, closer to mcguane than brannagan, bit not exactly a Sam Morsey

Any players from Southampton or Leicester might fit in at our club as not fit for premier probably our league as shocking standard.

Oh I totally agree, that sometimes better become available. I just think we might make a good signing to go with the positive early ST sales.

Manning wasn’t really signing players for MK though, Sweeting was, and Manning had to go along with it. All the decent loans the previous season went elsewhere ie Parrott to PNE and their best players were all sold (Darling, Twine), and they never really replaced them in terms of Lge 1 quality.

I think things will be different here.
Not true. Winkelman I believe confirmed in an interview that Manning had final say.

He fucked up. He had an awful summer and he left his team in the relegation zone. I'm sure he's learnt lots from it.

Truth is we don’t really know what happened at MK because as much as people can point the finger at Sweeting for how this season went, you could just as easily credit him for the fantastic squad they had the year before. But one thing is for sure, Manning did a super job with what he had in the first year and their demise was their awful recruitment in the summer (that everybody thought was fantastic compared to ours) and having seen them get even worse and sink in to L2 after he left, it certainly suggests he was not the problem, or at least not the biggest one.

He is in charge here so it’s a different set up. I suspect that was part of the attraction to the job. I get the feeling he might do quite well. I don’t think players will feel any desperation from him and it will initially be a pitch of ‘we’re going places, are you in or out’… Until that doesn’t work! I think players will buy in to him, though, so I’m excited to see who the first few names are. With the amount we have to do, I don’t think it’ll be long but there is still 6 weeks to go until contracts expire.

Ahem!

Although I did sort of sully my correctly calling out MK Dons' summer as crap, by describing the Findlay signing as 'exciting'. 😬

(and you can join in this round of KR-style narcissistic self-congratulation if you like for being one of those that liked my comments!)

Not true. Winkelman I believe confirmed in an interview that Manning had final say.

He fucked up. He had an awful summer and he left his team in the relegation zone. I'm sure he's learnt lots from it.
I know whose word I’d be taking and it certainly wouldn’t be the third hairy biker. Manning does have a bit to prove, though, which can be said for just about everybody at OUFC this summer.

I know whose word I’d be taking and it certainly wouldn’t be the third hairy biker. Manning does have a bit to prove, though, which can be said for just about everybody at OUFC this summer.
Indeed. Easier to put the blame on someone who isn't at the club. Although I would imagine that Manning had a big say on who they brought in. The baffling thing about MK this year is that 'on paper' it wasn't a bad side. The likes of Eisa, Holland, Leko, Tucker etc are good players, too good for L2 but clearly a deeper problem at the club after last year's exploits.

Indeed. Easier to put the blame on someone who isn't at the club. Although I would imagine that Manning had a big say on who they brought in. The baffling thing about MK this year is that 'on paper' it wasn't a bad side. The likes of Eisa, Holland, Leko, Tucker etc are good players, too good for L2 but clearly a deeper problem at the club after last year's exploits.
And of course Oxford has an awful season compared to the previous one, but MKs fall was far worse

Tucker had Masterson alongside him at gillingham for the 2nd half of the season before last.
Big difference in 1st half and 2nd half of the season.

Very different having final say and having the main say, as will be the case now.

If Pete Winkelman said so, it must be true.

Much like some of the things that come out of middle-management at our club, must be true..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom