Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering Manning's past connection to Man City and its related club empire, I wonder how many loanees will be coming from that source

Owen Moxon would be worth a look from Carlisle. Impressive stats this season, 6 goals and 15 assists from midfield. Bit of height as well at 6ft 1.

Used the loan system well at MK. Manning clearly trusted by the elite clubs with their player development (like Appleton was, like Robinson wasn’t). Interesting that some of his MK loans - Jamie Cumming, Kaine Kesler-Hayden, Coventry, will likely be available this summer too.

Used the loan system well at MK. Manning clearly trusted by the elite clubs with their player development (like Appleton was, like Robinson wasn’t). Interesting that some of his MK loans - Jamie Cumming, Kaine Kesler-Hayden, Coventry, will likely be available this summer too.
If we could snag Jamie Cumming that would be one hell of a coup, expect him to go at least to the Championship but maybe his relationship with Manning could push it through. Also really rate Connor Coventry in our midfield

If we could snag Jamie Cumming that would be one hell of a coup, expect him to go at least to the Championship but maybe his relationship with Manning could push it through. Also really rate Connor Coventry in our midfield
Coventry is exactly the profile of player I want us to go back to signing. Had a few loans but wants to find somewhere to settle. A little bit like Lundstram. He’s had league experience before and should hit the ground running. Then we either sell him for a good sum in a couple of years or we get promoted and keep him.

Anyone have an inkling what sort of wages Anderson is on? I'd absolutely love to see him hear next season. I think a lot of people have been so conditioned into thinking full backs need to be rock solid defensively and who cares if they offer nothing going forwards that they forget they are allowed to attack. We're a far better team with Anderson in it.
Give you a rough idea, I don’t think we’ve got value for money to keep he blows hot & cold we need more quality & consistency from the fullbacks we sign that why season after season we keep going back to the same old mediocrity which is Sam Long in that position

considering Manning's past connection to Man City and its related club empire, I wonder how many loanees will be coming from that source
A possible option could be a player we know all too well as of late, Slobodan Tedic. A player that would absolutely provide something different going forward, and always looked a threat going forward at Oakwell. Barnsley may want to keep him following his recent spell of form with them and may well see a great player in there, but should a window of opportunity open up, we should not hesitate to pull the trigger, unlike someone else we know quite well.

Seemingly, unless it is sending someone on loan to a club they are affiliated to abroad, Man City have only loaned out players domestically to teams up north which could obviously cause some issues

Connor Coventry signed for Rotherham didn’t he or was that just another loan move? Either way I expect he gets a championship move again in the summer.

Few players I’d like us to go after

Luke Southwood - GK on loan at Cheltenham from Reading OOC end of the season so would be a Free his display against us was not great but their defence was shite looks to be a ball playing GK what Manning is looking for

Junior Tchamadeu - RWB from Colchester would cost a good FEE

Jay Matete - CDM if would could get a loan or a perm would be great holding player to let cam bran further up the pitch

Harvey Knibbs - Winger who has been great for Cambridge another who id like us to sign

Sam Smith - out of contract and if Cambridge go down would be a great signing turned into a good goalscorer

Max Watters - surely a player who could be released decent at this level

Be very interesting to see some players released by champ clubs and interested to see over the next few months the type of player manning brings in and how we will play when he’s recruited a squad he wants
Witney boy, from an Oxford United supporting family!
Manning is a big fan of Jamie Cummings, he’s had twice on loan at MK, he’s available this summer.
We’ll need to ship out Stevens and get McGinty a loan before we think about getting another senior keeper in though.

Josh Mceachran, another Oxfordshire lad who could also interest Manning.

Watters did very well in a short spell on loan under Manning in the first half of last season, despite having injury issues!!
He will be available from Cardiff, will have a year left on his contract and I imagine they will want to try and get some money back after forking out close to £1 million for him!!

I can see Anderson, Jones, Gorrin being released.
Seddon, Wildschut, Stevens being available to move on.
Manning likes Henry, a lot, but he’s an expensive player to have constantly injured. Who knows what Baldock will decide to do!

None of the loans to return. Swanseas valuation of Joseph needs to drop a fair bit before that interests the club.
Talks have started with Taylor and Manning already. Whether that comes to anything just yet, don’t know.

Manning is a big fan of Jamie Cummings, he’s had twice on loan at MK, he’s available this summer.
We’ll need to ship out Stevens and get McGinty a loan before we think about getting another senior keeper in though.

Watters did very well in a short spell on loan under Manning in the first half of last season, despite having injury issues!!
He will be available from Cardiff, will have a year left on his contract and I imagine they will want to try and get some money back after forking out close to £1 million for him!!

Manning likes Henry, a lot, but he’s an expensive player to have constantly injured. Who knows what Baldock will decide to do!

None of the loans to return. Swanseas valuation of Joseph needs to drop a fair bit before that interests the club.
Talks have started with Taylor and Manning already. Whether that comes to anything just yet, don’t know.
The return of the King 👑

To play the way Manning wants to then we need a keeper better with the ball at his feet that Easty so that’s why I think he will look to bring in a new number 1.
Problem is we have three contracted keepers, to bring one in at least one needs to go out.

Coventry is exactly the profile of player I want us to go back to signing. Had a few loans but wants to find somewhere to settle. A little bit like Lundstram. He’s had league experience before and should hit the ground running. Then we either sell him for a good sum in a couple of years or we get promoted and keep him.
He’s into the last year of his West Ham deal so will leave for free next summer. He likely won’t cost much as they appear to have no use for him, so there’s nothing to be gained in keeping him around and paying his wages for another year if they can get a fee.

He’s on around 5k a week which is what we paid towards Herbie Kane last season, who we also paid over 200k to merely loan for a year. The same wages and a similar sum probably gets you Coventry on a permanent deal. Anderson is on the same sort of wage and is probably going to be released in a month, for context. He’s affordable and exactly the sort of player we need.

He might end up in the Championship, but there are good players available who would fit into the existing wage structure without any issues.

I’m looking forward to the club going back to a transfer strategy that isn’t based around a manager and his trusty mobile, who occasionally gets a fella in a bow tie to ring his mates and sort out random punts whenever he gets stuck.

All sounds sensible, although I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least have another look at Jones. Really hope we get Taylor to sign on for another year, think he'll score plenty in a Manning side.

Personally I'd take up the option (I think we have one?) on Anderson. I think he's been decent, and if Manning switches to using wing backs, he'd be ideal.
I think we should move on from Anderson not good enough in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom