Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on , don’t want bate back far to lightweight
This always baffles me. Try telling Luka Modric that, or Marco Verratti… Or our own Tyler Goodrham! Appreciate it’s a slightly different sport at this level but Bate is without doubt one of the best technicians we’ve had in years but in this team which was soft centred at the best of times, it wasn’t ideal for him. Like others have said he’s too similar to Brannagan and McGuane anyway but should Brannagan leave and Bate was available for the same money or less I’d bite your hand off.

This always baffles me. Try telling Luka Modric that, or Marco Verratti… Or our own Tyler Goodrham! Appreciate it’s a slightly different sport at this level but Bate is without doubt one of the best technicians we’ve had in years but in this team which was soft centred at the best of times, it wasn’t ideal for him. Like others have said he’s too similar to Brannagan and McGuane anyway but should Brannagan leave and Bate was available for the same money or less I’d bite your hand off.
Bate won’t be available for the same money or less! How many good games did he really have? Respect your opinion though 👍

We could sign Bate to challenge Brannagan and Mcguane for a place or cover when one gets injured. The main problem this season is we had no competition for places and relying on youth teamers to cover. Not everyone we sign is going to be guaranteed a start in the squad or even make the matchday squad.

We haven't got a soft Scouser at the helm now who won't want to upset his mates and sign players from a certain agent. Manning will be ruthless and won't be afraid to drop players that aren't performing.

Bate won’t be available for the same money or less! How many good games did he really have? Respect your opinion though 👍
Yeah agree he wasn’t good for a long enough period and would command a bit of a silly fee. There was a short spell of 10 games or so where he was exceptional. I like him a lot but there will be better value elsewhere. Besides, with Leeds heading for the championship I can see him getting a squad role there.

There's no way we could afford to sign Bate, but if we could I'd have him in a heartbeat. We'd probably end up making a handsome profit on him in a couple of seasons too.

Flemings come on leaps and bounds since mannings arrived, unlikely but could be a serviceable rotational option next year

Witney boy, from an Oxford United supporting family!
Manning is a big fan of Jamie Cummings, he’s had twice on loan at MK, he’s available this summer.
We’ll need to ship out Stevens and get McGinty a loan before we think about getting another senior keeper in though.

Josh Mceachran, another Oxfordshire lad who could also interest Manning.

Watters did very well in a short spell on loan under Manning in the first half of last season, despite having injury issues!!
He will be available from Cardiff, will have a year left on his contract and I imagine they will want to try and get some money back after forking out close to £1 million for him!!

I can see Anderson, Jones, Gorrin being released.
Seddon, Wildschut, Stevens being available to move on.
Manning likes Henry, a lot, but he’s an expensive player to have constantly injured. Who knows what Baldock will decide to do!

None of the loans to return. Swanseas valuation of Joseph needs to drop a fair bit before that interests the club.
Talks have started with Taylor and Manning already. Whether that comes to anything just yet, don’t know.

Would Kyle Joseph on loan again be an option?

Leeds paid 1.5 million for Bate. People are entering a sort of fantasy land if they think he would be on our radar.
I thought he was pretty good. But not that good. And certainly not worth £1.5M. Which we can’t afford anyway. Unless he bulks up, I can’t see him being much more than a Championship player. Or a very good L1. Reminds me of Danny Rose, when we got him on loan from Man United. Bate has nice technique, but not physical enough imo.

Nothing will happen until next week. Liam knows Mo Eisa and will be after him if MK go down.

Just thought, Hardie is out of contract this summer I think? Hardie and Smith front 2 on free transfers? 😏
Even 1 of Hardie, Smith or Eisa would really strengthen our team.

You’d prefer Smith + 1 more, but I think Hardie and Eisa would be enough with O Donkor and Taylor as the other 2 options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom