Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is signing Henry, Wildschut and Baldock?
Robbo most likely if he gets a job somewhere!

We must be ruthless with who we release or at least try and move on, though in some cases it won’t be easy and stupid contracts on big wages may limit some of what LM is able to do. But we need some fresh young legs and physicality and pace throughout the side if it’s affordable.

I’d be expecting double figures in terms of the number of outgoings and incomings (including loans).

Stenhousemuir is a small isolated fishing town on the east cost of Scotland. If Wildschut was moving for better food he would be fan of fish for sure.

Interested to see if manning goes for any of his old 'players' at mk dons. Have any of their decent players from last season struggled at higher clubs?
Twine on loan? Don’t think he’s played much and might play less now they’ve gone up?

Agree with almost all of that.
I think that Goodrham has shown that he is good enough to be in the first team squad.
I too have noticed how angry Cam seems. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Championship
Cam always had that demeanor doesn't he? Like super hyped up/focussed

Murphy may have only started to play in the last few games, but has looked an excellent player when he has. If Manning has got him playing like thar after a few weeks then hopefully a full preseason will get him ready to play a full role next season.

Looking to get rid of him is bizarre!!

Unless our owners are willing to donate (rather than loan) the club a big sum of money, then we're going to have to fit within the Salary Cost Management Protocol, meaning that we can spend a maximum of 60% of our turnover on wages.

We're basically paying Murphy the same amount as you would usually pay two good League One players.
Sure, he has looked better the last three games.....but he's still had a dreadful season. Given the choice between him and giving Manning the money to sign two new players of his choosing, I'd pick the latter every time.

Course, it's probably just a theoretical choice because I can't see any other club volunteering to take on Murphy's contract, and paying him off - or even paying 50% of his wages - completely obliterates the argument for him leaving. So I'd be very confident of us seeing Josh Murphy in yellow again next season.

Agree with almost all of that.
I think that Goodrham has shown that he is good enough to be in the first team squad.
I too have noticed how angry Cam seems. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Championship
Probably angry because we’ve almost been relegated and he doesn’t want to play league two football or have to leave.

I hope we're in for Max Watters. He sounds like a really bright player.

I think Gillingham wanted James Henry in January didn't they?
Yep.my point being anyone from the leagues below could potentially want some of our players that we don’t think are up to standard.Henry has been great but he can’t be league one level anymore.

Anyone have an inkling what sort of wages Anderson is on? I'd absolutely love to see him hear next season. I think a lot of people have been so conditioned into thinking full backs need to be rock solid defensively and who cares if they offer nothing going forwards that they forget they are allowed to attack. We're a far better team with Anderson in it.

I’d take Sam Smith on a free all day long. Players make mistakes and he apologised. Get him here to properly atone for the misjudgement.
Absolutely, he's caused us no end of problems over the last couple of years when I've seen him. Getting 27 goals over that time for Cambridge is no mean feat either, that's as many or more as a lot of strikers in that time and he adds a hell of a lot with his all round play.

Also seems like he's got some nastiness about him which isn't a bad thing to have in your team.

Absolutely, he's caused us no end of problems over the last couple of years when I've seen him. Getting 27 goals over that time for Cambridge is no mean feat either, that's as many or more as a lot of strikers in that time and he adds a hell of a lot with his all round play.

Also seems like he's got some nastiness about him which isn't a bad thing to have in your team.
He’s a solid pro and hardly missed a game in 2 seasons. 73 starts from a possible 89 in the league. At a great age - experienced but best years ahead. He’s a work horse and knows where the net is. I’ve always been impressed with him when we play Cambridge but he needs to step up now for one of the better sides. For where we are and what we need, I think he’d be a super bit of business on a free that we could tie up early. If he made up one of 3 or 4 striking options, that’s the calibre of changes I think we need to be competitive.

Few players I’d like us to go after

Luke Southwood - GK on loan at Cheltenham from Reading OOC end of the season so would be a Free his display against us was not great but their defence was shite looks to be a ball playing GK what Manning is looking for

Junior Tchamadeu - RWB from Colchester would cost a good FEE

Jay Matete - CDM if would could get a loan or a perm would be great holding player to let cam bran further up the pitch

Harvey Knibbs - Winger who has been great for Cambridge another who id like us to sign

Sam Smith - out of contract and if Cambridge go down would be a great signing turned into a good goalscorer

Max Watters - surely a player who could be released decent at this level

Be very interesting to see some players released by champ clubs and interested to see over the next few months the type of player manning brings in and how we will play when he’s recruited a squad he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom