Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
How great does it feel to get a signing done this early. Hope the next one isn’t too far away COYY.

Are we going to see a load of signings early now Robinson is gone? Good chance I reckon.

I feel like I've been conditioned to expect our first pre-season friendlies to feature at least one player who hasn't played any football in a year, whilst another 'best player in the league on his day' watches on as he recovers from his latest injury.

I feel like I've been conditioned to expect our first pre-season friendlies to feature at least one player who hasn't played any football in a year, whilst another 'best player in the league on his day' watches on as he recovers from his latest injury.

Going to be weird playing pre season games without a man who has to nip off at half time to open his fried chicken shop up.

This is a really stupid question I'm sure, but who identifies targets in the transfer market?

Do they come from Liam Manning, do they come from a "Head of Recruitment", or is it a mixture of these two things, or does it depend in each individual case?
Does it really matter? He has signed and it is a statement of intent

Have to say well done to the club in getting this signing done.
With apparently Derby County also looking at him which is a short drive from Nottingham and the fact they could offer more money, whatever Ed Waldron, Liam Manning, Graham Hogg and the board did? Well done.

Edit forgot to add well done @tatabanya

Reading the Notts county forum some think they’re better than us some with him all the best albeit a strange move. Apparently we didn’t nurture Jodi Jones through his injury problem.
Sour grapes

Reading the Notts county forum some think they’re better than us some with him all the best albeit a strange move. Apparently we didn’t nurture Jodi Jones through his injury problem.
Sour grapes
We're a completely different proposition now
It's hard for fans at other clubs to understand just how bad things were here and how much it's changed now
Players are more privy to what's been happening as they can talk to each other directly and get the true picture

Sour grapes
They'll do what 99% of people do and base their opinion on our last league finish. They won't be considering anything ancillary to that but it's actually those things that will have made him choose us. Wages, training ground, greater opportunity to play etc etc. Always find it refreshing when a player doesn't go with the obvious choice. I'm sure he hasn't left himself short financially! But nonetheless, many players would've gone to Derby and sat on the bench until January and found themselves on loan back to Notts in L2 before long.

Little mini victory there for Ed Waldron vs Mark Thomas as well. I suspect there will be more crossovers but that's a decent notch for him early in the window. Suggests he and Manning will make a good team. A lot more needed as we all know, but a real cracker to get us off the mark.

Summer transfer window doesn't open until tomorrow. So until it opens, no signings of "intent"can be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom