Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so that's marriott put to bed. We might revisit this in jan. I'm sure we have now shifted our attention elsewhere

Maybe he was seeing whether it was the right environment for one of ours to go on loan there!

We're trying to produce players for us to play in the football league. 3G pitches are banned in the football league so playing half the season on that surface won't help their development in my opinion. Not the right environment.

Last edited:
What if we sign Longman on a permanent don't we have the same situation?
Not really, Longman is a left winger who can play up front, Perkins is a striker who can occasionally play on the wing (but right rather than left). And with the injury to Browne, left wing is probably the position on the pitch that needs re-enforcing.

Is Scott Brown saying Marriot isn't going anywhere that significant or is it just the cliché PR response?

Is Scott Brown saying Marriot isn't going anywhere that significant or is it just the cliché PR response?

Those sort of statements from Brown are a load of nonsense. He says he’s going nowhere, what if a club came in and offered £700,000 ? Of course he goes. I think £400,000 from us will be sufficient and my guess is we’ve offered just shy of that at the moment.

Those sort of statements from Brown are a load of nonsense. He says he’s going nowhere, what if a club came in and offered £700,000 ? Of course he goes. I think £400,000 from us will be sufficient and my guess is we’ve offered just shy of that at the moment.
The new recruitment team (And Manning) don’t seem the type to panic and overpay for a player. I think the Marriott ship has sailed tbh. Don’t think 400k will be sufficient either because wasn’t it reported that they turned down our 500k bid?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom