Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He likes Henry. He’s excellent around the club and is apparently a great mentor to younger players. I think he sees huge value in having him around the place.

I’ve never really bought into the “he’s good around the club”. I’m sure he’s lovely, was decent, but if you’re not competing for a first team spot it’s a little regressive concept.

I mean I don’t want a bunch of a**e wipes out there but neither do we need amateur counselors or banter buses

I’ve never really bought into the “he’s good around the club”. I’m sure he’s lovely, was decent, but if you’re not competing for a first team spot it’s a little regressive concept.

I mean I don’t want a bunch of a**e wipes out there but neither do we need amateur counselors or banter buses
I think in this case it’s more about it costing the same to pay him off as it costs to keep him, so if he’s a good influence and is good to have around then you might as well get something for your money rather than nothing. I don’t think Manning would be signing him if he were a free agent, and I don’t expect he’s handing him a new playing contract at the end of the season.

Perhaps he will be the next Mousinho?

I think in this case it’s more about it costing the same to pay him off as it costs to keep him, so if he’s a good influence and is good to have around then you might as well get something for your money rather than nothing. I don’t think Manning would be signing him if he were a free agent, and I don’t expect he’s handing him a new playing contract at the end of the season.

What’s your obsession with helping out Pompey as some sort of nautical finishing school for young admirals ?

He strikes me as a possible coach.

Good temperament for it and is often quite straightforward and honest in interviews.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he was taking his badges.

All financial dealings of all clubs, including wages and fees, are held by numerous organisations from the footballing authorities to all manner of agencies. Not everything comes from the tea ladies. You can even see most of the accounts for teams in the league on companies house, which often details spending on fees and salaries.

Good to have you back, poppet xo
Yeah, but you got your info from the tea lady, so don't give me any nonsense, I know your game.

Henry's been great for us for years, and I"m not sure why some people seem to get such pleasure at the idea of him being booted out of the club. Even if you don't think he'll be good enough after his injuries, surely show some respect to a great club servant.
His next move is into coaching, in the same way Mous did.

Yeah, but you got your info from the tea lady, so don't give me any nonsense, I know your game.
Excuse me tea ladies, two of them. They are the same two who used to supply Mr Popular with titbits. As Ryan suggests these titbits are going elsewhere now.

"While he's here"

Very telling...

Yup…it’s not rocket science, is it?

Murphy is not in serious contention for a starting spot, despite a reasonable end to last season (by the standards he’d set for the 35ish games before that) and despite there not having been that many reinforcements in his position over the summer.

Manning doesn’t fancy him and based on the last 4 years of Murphy’s career, it’s hard to build a case whereby the player himself really cares enough to fulfil his obvious potential, either.

We will most definitely cut our losses as soon as a club expresses an interest in Murphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom