Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don't know what people are going on about.

Someone on here said Harris is a lethal finisher, and you have to admit he looked good at scoring goals in that promotional YouTube video.

Ciaron Brown was player of the season at left back. It doesn't matter why or how he got that award - it must be because he's the best option at left back.

McEachran 'can put a foot in' if he needs to (for 60 minutes before he gets subbed off).

All we need to do is get ourselves a couple of goals up at half time and then we should be able to see out the second half.

It'll be easier when the opposition start letting us play a bit more.
Sorry but that is a shocking take, you sound like KR with the excuses

Managing his minutes i believe, can't play 2 games a week
The worrying factor on Saturday is he didn't appear to have the legs for one game a week, let alone two. It is early days, and it may have just been a one-off poor performance (I never saw the QPR game), but he looked so far off the pace and seemed to be struggling to move and run. He was so slow and unfit; he looked to be blunt, like a Robinson signing! No one would doubt his talent, but is he going to be able to contribute properly this season? Was that just a bad day at the office or a reflection of a footballer struggling with injuries, or whatever the case may be, at the end of his career?

Interesting Manning moaning about our strikers 18,19and 20 year get some mid 20s in then.

Striker market has been thread bare this summer. Everyone needs a striker and there simply just isn't the supply available at this level without fishing out huge fees. I remember Paul Warne mentioned this and Derby's struggles to bring in a striker. This one was always going to drag on into August.

Left back is a little less excusable, and definitely should've been prioritised. But I expect us to have a new left back in before Saturday at long last.
Sorry but this is a cop out if you do your research most teams in the league have signed one some have signed two e.g derby, cambridge and Carlisle ( a team who just came up)!

This a previous post of mine regarding the striker market
You've just shown an exaple of a league one club signing a striker, i can list many more, derby - connor Washington, barnesly - max watters, charlton - alfie may, bristol rovers - jevani brown, Cheltenham town - rob street, bolton - dan nlundulu, blackpool - kyle jospeh, burton - cole stockton, carlisle - luke plange and sean maguire! Cambridge - gassan ahadme and elias kachunga,we signed mark harris but need another for competition, but this shows that there clearly are stirkers available.

The worrying factor on Saturday is he didn't appear to have the legs for one game a week, let alone two. It is early days, and it may have just been a one-off poor performance (I never saw the QPR game), but he looked so far off the pace and seemed to be struggling to move and run. He was so slow and unfit; he looked to be blunt, like a Robinson signing! No one would doubt his talent, but is he going to be able to contribute properly this season? Was that just a bad day at the office or a reflection of a footballer struggling with injuries, or whatever the case may be, at the end of his career?
He scored vs swansea and looked good vs QPR but agreed he looked unfit and lethargic vs cambridge

Has anyone heard if Cam and/or Thorniley have injures from last night? No idea why Brannagan was left on after we went 4-1 down

That’s true, but the point being made by many is that the business we still need to do is the most important business that should have been the first completed.

It’s the same business that we haven’t been able to do for season after season, and becomes harder and harder to fathom why!
It’s not as easy as 123 and like LM says he doesn’t just want to bring players in to make up the numbers - Trust the system

Football fans are far too reactionary, 2 weeks ago we were hailing Manning & Waldron for an excellent summer of recruitment after squashing QPR 5-0.

Now suddenly after 2 poor results we've come to the conclusion half of those signings are now not good enough? New system and new players was always going to take a bit of time. If we're in this state 10-15 games in then we can make a clear judgement, but writing people off after 2 games? Seriously?

We need a LB/LWB. We need a ST. Both of those will 100% be addressed before the window shuts. Far from panic mode yet.
As long as the 100% isn’t to just please us that they’ve got someone, it has to be someone they’re after maybe look at Marriot again for the ST obviously Oxford dragged their feet over Burey maybe his attitude is what did it but a LWB and maybe a RWB might be more difficult

I don't know much, just that those that we've chasing are of a certain calibre and that Ahadme doesn't always look like the player he did on Sat
In that case, the proof of the pudding is going to be in the eating - if we are chasing *realistic* targets (i.e. those we can afford, who are likely to say 'yes' to a move to us) and we end up getting them, all well and good. If we spend August trying to sign those players and fail for whatever reason, then we are up the creek - because what we have is (from the evidence of the two competitive matches we have played) either not good enough or not being managed well enough to get by without an experienced striker, a defensive midfielder and (depending on the system we end up playing) at least one more wide defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom