Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see Murphy going anywhere. We’ve only got Browne Goodrham and Mills as wide options. Brownes always due to be out a month or two of the season with an injury. I know we are bringing Burey in. But he might be coming as a striker if we don’t sign Marriott
Yeah, I hope he turns it round here, because unless he plays the majority of the season I think he’ll be screwed. He’s got bags of skill and when he’s up for it, he’s brilliant, but we’ve not seen it enough. Frankly other teams aren’t going to bother with him unless he is doing it week in week out. The way Manning looks to be setting up and playing might suit his skills and game.

In order to present a balanced approach to progress , it could be helpful to list what could be built in a day, my thoughts are gardenshed and IKEA furniture

Nero's only famous because a chain of coffee bars was named after him. The site of Rome was occupied since the Bronze Age, ~1,500 years BC, and became a political entity about 650 BC, the Roman Republic. The flashy buildings were, as @TailsWeWin says, later.

I once built a garden shed in a day, it was bigger than this and had both a door and a window.

What we now know as Rome was effectively begun by Augustus Caesar around 20BC at the start of the Roman Empire. Amphitheaters, baths, bridges and aqueducts first appeared around this time.
On Yellow Forum every day’s a school day.
First Roman amphitheatre - Pompeii, c.70Bc
First Roman aqueduct - Aqua Appia c.310BC
First Roman Baths c.300BC (and about 150 of them before Augustus’ accession).

As you say, every day’s a school day.

All very interesting but when was the first pizza made?

I believe that was mostly attributed to Caligula.

Nero had his mother executed.
"Nero murdered his mother, and Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Nero also slept with his mother, Nero married and executed one stepsister, executed his other stepsister, raped and murdered his stepbrother. In fact, he executed or murdered most of his close relatives. He kicked his pregnant wife to death. He castrated and then married a freedman. He married another freedman, this time himself playing the bride. He raped a vestal virgin. He melted down the household gods of Rome for their cash value."

oh i love the history books lol

"Nero murdered his mother, and Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Nero also slept with his mother, Nero married and executed one stepsister, executed his other stepsister, raped and murdered his stepbrother. In fact, he executed or murdered most of his close relatives. He kicked his pregnant wife to death. He castrated and then married a freedman. He married another freedman, this time himself playing the bride. He raped a vestal virgin. He melted down the household gods of Rome for their cash value."

It's like an episode of EastEnders

Nero's only famous because a chain of coffee bars was named after him. The site of Rome was occupied since the Bronze Age, ~1,500 years BC, and became a political entity about 650 BC, the Roman Republic. The flashy buildings were, as @TailsWeWin says, later.

I once built a garden shed in a day, it was bigger than this and had both a door and a window.
That would be a second home to some.

Swindon season ticket holder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom