Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Manning at the team it's so refreshing to have players in before the season starts and not a rush on deadline day with no opportunity to gel.. Looks like the recruitment team are working their balls off. Couple more in to fill the obvious weaknesses and maybe 1 or 2 out and we will be in good shape can't wait for the season to start might even buy the audio pass. Pity you can't buy a video pass.
I can get you a video pass for a small yearly fee 😏👀🤣

Not able to watch the iFollow interview with Manning, does anyone know what the Gorrin update is?

He does appear slight, so will be interesting to see how he adapts to league 1/senior football.

Not able to watch the iFollow interview with Manning, does anyone know what the Gorrin update is?
Manning has said the scan has come back and all clear. LM says he’s impressed with his character etc.

Gorrin is almost up to full training. Plan is to get him match fit and then to organise some matches for him.

No pressure on Gorrin and LM will have a private conversation with him at the right time.

On what basis should someone choose to trust a manager? What are the parameters that mean we should come to a place of trust ?
The poster you're replying to was crying about people being rude and calling people who wanted Robinson out 'c*nts' late last season so I'd be wary of using their criteria.

We can‘t say we’ve missed out on players unless Manning tells us. Also, until deadline day, we are still very much in the market.
Well we know Burey fell through to start, we also know there was one close at the weekend (which didn’t happen) Mills wouldn’t have been that one as LM mentioned loans from premier league clubs at the same time.

Also bids rejected for Marriott it seems, and the fact later in the window they decided to look abroad instead…

Think it’s fair to say we’ve missed some… they never really say

It's payday tomorrow for alot of people. If there was a good time to announce a wow signing it would be tomorrow. Hopefully a few on the fence will take the plunge to buy a season ticket then.

A very exciting signing, sure to add pace and creativity in the final third!

Welcome Stanley, good luck!

Well done Liam and the recruitment team, keep up the good work 👏 👏

NEXT!

Well done Manning at the team it's so refreshing to have players in before the season starts and not a rush on deadline day with no opportunity to gel.. Looks like the recruitment team are working their balls off. Couple more in to fill the obvious weaknesses and maybe 1 or 2 out and we will be in good shape can't wait for the season to start might even buy the audio pass. Pity you can't buy a video pass.
If you can't make games you should buy a fire stick download iptv smarters pay a monthly subscription between 10 and 15 pound per month and you can watch every oxford game

Well we know Burey fell through to start, we also know there was one close at the weekend (which didn’t happen) Mills wouldn’t have been that one as LM mentioned loans from premier league clubs at the same time.

Also bids rejected for Marriott it seems, and the fact later in the window they decided to look abroad instead…

Think it’s fair to say we’ve missed some… they never really say
I think it's probably fair to say that we've missed a lot of names randomly bandied around on this forum - which is a very different thing to actually missing out on them.

Most of what goes on here is pure speculation and often comments about players people have never actually seen play. Which I guess is part of the fun of a public forum!

Hear me out...

I'm actually not as desperate for a striker as others perhaps are ...

Harris looked lethal against Swansea. A real frustrator. Getting in behind the defence. Good vision and makes runs before anyone else has even noticed the opportunity.

If he can find the goal, I really think he could be one of the better signings in this window.

Adding the fact that the Manning style of football may draw on the abilities of a 'front three' combined, rather than relying on an individual out and out striker, and we may not need an out and out front man as much as we might think

Screenshot_2023-07-26-08-58-12-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgScreenshot_2023-07-26-08-58-47-66_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This is a list of top goalscorers with 15 or more goals last season in league 1 and League 2. Of those that are even available to approach, how many of them could we realistically target, when ALL things are considered ... I.e. recent move, injury records, geographical location, fitting with the system, cost etc

I would argue that none of the league 1 players are available to us as an option.

Could argue for one or two of the ones of the league 2 list.

And then, once narrowed down to 'potentials', we're not likely to be the only club looking for an out and out striker with a little bit of cash to spend.

Striker business is an odd one. Every one wants one. Hardly anyone gets one.

If we were to spend money on a striker, I'd like it to be either Jack Marriott from Fleetwood (we had a 400k bid rejected) or Nombe from Exeter (they're asking for £1m)

Neither of which look feasible.

I think we're going to have to pin our hopes on Harris coming good... Who I have a very good feeling about to be honest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom