Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite inexperienced cover in the centre of defence at first glance but obviously there is Brown and Long. I guess this further demonstrates the need for another LB.

I agree that on paper you could argue that we need an extra centre back but the reality is that with Long, Brown and Negru providing cover it's actually really strong.

Any left back rumoured to come in? We all say we need one but have we even been linked with one (not just people chucking names out on here) this summer?

Yanic was disappointing last year, but he is still one of ours. So perhaps we might want to ease off a little. I know some people like to have a public enemy number 1, but let’s at least give him a chance first. It’s a long shot, but he might prove many wrong after a proper pre-season.

P.s.Why i am an Oxford fan - eternal hope and optimism, regardless of merit!

Yanic was disappointing last year, but he is still one of ours. So perhaps we might want to ease off a little. I know some people like to have a public enemy number 1, but let’s at least give him a chance first. It’s a long shot, but he might prove many wrong after a proper pre-season.

Hi Robbo, x

Can’t remember Moore dropping a bad performance under Manning last season. One of the players who benefited the most from the change in managers.
Good point but he did half make many mistakes under Robinson, too many, not just him mind but….. we can do better

While I agree with this, it’s looking unlikely we’re going to be watching him play much, given the options we now have.

Good point but he did half make many mistakes under Robinson, too many, not just him mind but….. we can do better
If we all agree that KR was the issue last season, do players who performed well prior to that not get something of a free pass? I think Moore will have a very different campaign this time around, and eventually it will be Negru who steps in when he moves on

Fiorini is a name being talked about with other league 1 teams, reading were favourites but not so much now I’d guess, what would the thoughts be?

Fiorini is a name being talked about with other league 1 teams, reading were favourites but not so much now I’d guess, what would the thoughts be?
Not sure what type of midfielder he is, but can't see us using another loan spot on a midfielder especially after Manning said we won't be in for one.

I'd like one more permanent deal but I'd suspect the left back and striker might be loans now.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but a bid for Marriott is true apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom