Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had signed him there would be people questioning if we had learnt anything from last season!

I'll bite.

A season-long loan (less risk) for a 26 year old who had one injury in one season (and couldn't then get back into the promotion winning side) but has otherwise played regularly year-on-year and been among the best in the division, is not the same as offering a multi-year permanent contract to a player in the twilight of their career with a serious long-term fitness/injury record with little or no evidence to suggest they will offer value at this level.

But you knew that.

Someone I know used to be in a band who practiced at the cold rooms in Cumnor, down the lane towards where the pick your own strawberry fields were. They used to steal strawberries and then dip them in speed when they rehearsed. Quite a nice way of gentrifying the drug, I felt.
Thats certainly more refined than some methods I've heard about, best left in the Coven 1995

Canara not a good signing?! Come on! He is exactly what we need and have needed for 3 seasons.
I don’t think there’s many who’d disagree that Camara would have been a very good signing, that’s assuming he is totally fit and capable of playing at 100%, and not within himself, which is something we don’t know.

I think we need a player exactly like him, a combatitive midfielder with some real presence and some skill on the ball to go with it.

I don’t like the idea of us giving Gorrin a cheap contract and hoping he’ll be the answer as he was never fit last season and looked a shadow of his previous self even before the next unfortunate serious injury.

We do need another quality central midfielder. An injury to CB, JM or MM and we are very light once more

I don’t think there’s many who’d disagree that Camara would have been a very good signing, that’s assuming he is totally fit and capable of playing at 100%, and not within himself, which is something we don’t know.

I think we need a player exactly like him, a combatitive midfielder with some real presence and some skill on the ball to go with it.

I don’t like the idea of us giving Gorrin a cheap contract and hoping he’ll be the answer as he was never fit last season and looked a shadow of his previous self even before the next unfortunate serious injury.

We do need another quality central midfielder. An injury to CB, JM or MM and we are very light once more
Jay Matete would be perfect & probably more mobile than camara as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom