Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since leave us 1st time Whyte has played 61 games (4 of them back on loan to us) and scored 5 goals. If it was any other player fans would be questioning why we were signing a player who’s career has clearly gone backwards since 2019.
I think we can do better than Whyte now.

Steve let me get this right. Are you saying that you think we can do better than Gavin Whyte who is known to us, and we know what he can bring to the table. Whyte is proven himself at this level, and I’d say with Manning as manager he will develop and be a better player.

You also with another particular poster Scotchegg, defended KR until two weeks before he was finally sacked. A man that was absolutely clueless, and guiding us into league two, and a pattern was forming with that clown in charge.

You were questioning people last season who can we bring in better, and thought we be better off with what we had.

In my opinion Gavin Whyte needs a fresh challenge, and it clearly hasn’t worked out for him at Cardiff, but we made money, and I still think he has potential to make us even more money under this management team.

This thing about a 'questionable attitude' is a misnomer for me and stems from a particular incident it seems based on their forum. He got pissed off with the Millwall supporters in part of the ground who were racially abusing him and he gave some back which seems reasonable to me. Then after that the morons in their support decided he had an attitude problem.
Think it was also nitrous oxide issues like deli Ali flimed with balloon in his hand loads of times

Don't know why people are wasting time discussing Clarke Harris as an option.

He is only transfer listed as that is Peterborough's model once a player is in the final year of their contract. He will either sign a new contract with them or get sold to a Championship club.

I think we need at least 2 strikers maybe 3 then let GOD go on loan (maybe League2/NL) and get a decent run of games to come back the following season seriously ready to challenge for a starting place

Steve let me get this right. Are you saying that you think we can do better than Gavin Whyte who is known to us, and we know what he can bring to the table. Whyte is proven himself at this level, and I’d say with Manning as manager he will develop and be a better player.

You also with another particular poster Scotchegg, defended KR until two weeks before he was finally sacked. A man that was absolutely clueless, and guiding us into league two, and a pattern was forming with that clown in charge.

You were questioning people last season who can we bring in better, and thought we be better off with what we had.

In my opinion Gavin Whyte needs a fresh challenge, and it clearly hasn’t worked out for him at Cardiff, but we made money, and I still think he has potential to make us even more money under this management team.

I hate to bring facts to the forum, but I first posted about Robinson needing to go after the Wycombe defeat at the beginning of October!

But to keep this relevant, if Gavin Whyte hadn't played for us before then no one would be talking about him. In his last spell with us he did get a number of assists, but he also missed an absolute bucket load of easy chances. I get that confidence played a part in that, but he wasn't the player that we had in his first spell.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he signed, but I think that there are better players around and better positions to be spending big wages on.

I hate to bring facts to the forum, but I first posted about Robinson needing to go after the Wycombe defeat at the beginning of October!

But to keep this relevant, if Gavin Whyte hadn't played for us before then no one would be talking about him. In his last spell with us he did get a number of assists, but he also missed an absolute bucket load of easy chances. I get that confidence played a part in that, but he wasn't the player that we had in his first spell.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he signed, but I think that there are better players around and better positions to be spending big wages on.
No place for facts on this forum, just speculation and wild rumour mongering

I think we need at least 2 strikers maybe 3 then let GOD go on loan (maybe League2/NL) and get a decent run of games to come back the following season seriously ready to challenge for a starting place

I thought we could of had Taylor as the third option and let O'Donkor go out on loan to get much needed experience. Maybe Taylor was demanding too much wage to be third choice though.

KR didn't play him consistently and when he did, he was never in a settled position.
Wide players cutting inside is all good and well when they have an eye for goal, which Whyte never has bar the odd game. It was bizarre that we signed him for that role when he was always a more traditional winger. The fact he managed to contribute what he did when we actually suppressed everything he’s good at was an achievement in itself.

If you were to write out a pros vs cons to bring him here, it would be an overwhelming victory for the pros.

All this talk of Whyte (unless playing as a striker), if we're playing 5 at the back then wingers don't fit unless it ain't working and then you need to re-adjust who's likely to sign on that basis.

I’m surprised there any opposition to him coming back, really.

The likelihood is that he would begin the season as a supporting act to put pressure on our likely first choice of Rodrigues and one of Browne or Murphy. In the event one of those decided to saunter about for a few games which was not atypical of them last season, how could you have any concerns throwing Gavin Whyte in there to do the job properly? He is as reliable as anything you’ll find which would be a welcome addition to a front line that is chockablock full of risks, be it injury, attitude or inexperience.

Last edited:
Since leave us 1st time Whyte has played 61 games (4 of them back on loan to us) and scored 5 goals. If it was any other player fans would be questioning why we were signing a player who’s career has clearly gone backwards since 2019.
I think we can do better than Whyte now.
His assist record is also pretty good. For balance. Should he score more? Yes. Does he create with his pace and trickery? also yes and is a fan favourite who would slot straight in and knows quite a few of the lads. No brainer for me.

Don't know why people are wasting time discussing Clarke Harris as an option.

He is only transfer listed as that is Peterborough's model once a player is in the final year of their contract. He will either sign a new contract with them or get sold to a Championship club.
You telling me that Peterborough are a bigger club than us. I’d say no with their ownership issues.

I believe Pompey are in for Gavin Whyte.

Im sure with Mous as their manager they must be favourites to get him.

However it depends on how much he will get and the length of contract(This applies to all players of course)

Personally I would take him back,his effort levels are really high and he does create chances. One of the reasons Matty Taylor’s goals dried up was because of the hard work and creativity of Whyte Sykes and Williams.

Think it was also nitrous oxide issues like deli Ali flimed with balloon in his hand loads of times

There is a general thread about him on their forum which pretty quickly focuses on the racist comments aimed at him when he was warming up as a sub.

I believe Pompey are in for Gavin Whyte.

Im sure with Mous as their manager they must be favourites to get him.

However it depends on how much he will get and the length of contract(This applies to all players of course)

Personally I would take him back,his effort levels are really high and he does create chances. One of the reasons Matty Taylor’s goals dried up was because of the hard work and creativity of Whyte Sykes and Williams.
They are but so are we. I think he would be as likely to come here as he would be to go there honestly. He knows quite a few of the lads here already and he’s loved by the supporters. Would be a massive feel good signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom