Summer 2020 Cricket Thread

Morgan gone too after surviving a review

At least Buttler is still in and Australia have no reviews left - positives for England

Never in doubt. I wish some of you would have a bit more faith, rather than worry.

We are one of the best at the two short formats of the game. We just need to covert that in to the five day game again. I’ve been around long enough to see more lows than highs against the enemy, but them players they had around back in the day were phenomenal, they were a bit like the youngsters Man Utd had coming through all at the same time. The Australian team with the Openers Taylor and Slater, followed by The two Waugh’s and Ponting. Then the middle order with Michael Bevan and Ian Healy. The bowling attack of McGrath and Shane Warne ripping through our batting line up. Thankfully them days are long gone, and now we are much closer competitively. Over the last few years I’d say we’ve done alright against them down under, and at home against them.

Could any of these T20 players do a job in the test team? Bairstow seems out of touch even in T20. I’d like to see Roy given a chance again but not as an opener, maybe down the order. Malan I know has failed before. Banton could be interesting maybe? People will say it doesn’t translate but Buttler, Bairstow, Morgan, Root, Stokes, Mooen Ali, Rashid, Archer and Wood have all played T20 and test cricket with varying degrees of success

Could any of these T20 players do a job in the test team? Bairstow seems out of touch even in T20. I’d like to see Roy given a chance again but not as an opener, maybe down the order. Malan I know has failed before. Banton could be interesting maybe? People will say it doesn’t translate but Buttler, Bairstow, Morgan, Root, Stokes, Mooen Ali, Rashid, Archer and Wood have all played T20 and test cricket with varying degrees of success

I reckon Buttler could do a job [emoji57]

Back
Top Bottom