I think it’s so that we have a squad size we need of around 23

Liking to look of a team like this..

Eastwood
McMahon Dickie Nelson Garbutt
Brannagan O’Nien/Ince
Graham Carruthers Holmes
Long

Shearer, Mous, Ruffels, Payne/Grant, Henry, Hall, Smith/Mavididi

Oxford wouldn't have agreed or disagreed on allowing players to go on pre-season tours with their parent clubs as we wouldn't have any say.

Iirc, the striker is reliant on the parent club signing a striker themselves so that was always nebulous. Likewise the winger, as again iirc, his club needed the body for their tour suggesting they will be signing players in that position or their player was at the World Cup. So fundamentally nothing has changed.

so when the parent club stated you can have him when we finish pre season tour did we say wait a minute existing players offered contracts were told we wont be messed about so likewise you can do one or oh you're very kind which of your shoes do we lick first !!

so when the parent club stated you can have him when we finish pre season tour did we say wait a minute existing players offered contracts were told we wont be messed about so likewise you can do one or oh you're very kind which of your shoes do we lick first !!

The 2 things you are putting together are exclusive from each other.

Negotiations for each player in these situations will be different as the buying/parent club & selling/loaning club requirements will all be different. The parent club will look after their position, quite reasonably, and we want those players then we have to put up with that. Just as we would if we were the parent club.

The parent club take the risk that they may get stuck with the player (and full cost) after the transfer window as we can in the meantime sign alternative players.

The club will give existing players (generally) a deadline to agree a new contract as they will need to know if they have to start looking/talks/negotiations for alternatives.

So different.

Last edited:
The 2 things you are putting together are exclusive from each other.

As i've already said to accept a player we will have to tour with his parent club rather than with his new club is very odd so we must have accepted this "term" or we could have said you can do one and move to next target/s.
the problem is the loan system allows such nonsense whereas if it was a permanent signing clubs would not accept such terms they would move on.
what happens if they change their mind/get a better offer/he gets injured.
all this just so we can give their player game time and place him in the shop window

As i've already said to accept a player we will have to tour with his parent club rather than with his new club is very odd so we must have accepted this "term" or we could have said you can do one and move to next target/s.
the problem is the loan system allows such nonsense whereas if it was a permanent signing clubs would not accept such terms they would move on.
what happens if they change their mind/get a better offer/he gets injured.
all this just so we can give their player game time and place him in the shop window

Tbf, a club selling a player may hold on to a player until they get a replacement in. Parent clubs unfortunately hold the power in this situation and if we want players equivalent (or better) to Samir Carruthers and Luke Garbutt then we'll have to accept it.

The loan system will only change when the top clubs are stopped from hoarding talent in their Academy structure so that instead it spreads out down to the lower level clubs. Or parents/kids realise that for quite a few talented players they probably have a better chance at lower clubs rather than going through the PL warehouse system.

Sadly I don't think that either will happen.

Tbf, a club selling a player may hold on to a player until they get a replacement in. Parent clubs unfortunately hold the power in this situation and if we want players equivalent (or better) to Samir Carruthers and Luke Garbutt then we'll have to accept it.

The loan system will only change when the top clubs are stopped from hoarding talent in their Academy structure so that instead it spreads out down to the lower level clubs. Or parents/kids realise that for quite a few talented players they probably have a better chance at lower clubs rather than going through the PL warehouse system.

Sadly I don't think that either will happen.

you are right on the latter point as there's too much money at the top. as i relayed a before a young kid (11 i think) was wanted by a club, to conclude the deal his parents insisted on sufficiant money each that they never had to work again and their child paid several thousands per week...
The game has gone bonkers

i accept a club may wish to hold on until a replacement is found but at the same time things can and have changed very quickly in the past and you can be left chasing your tail and picking up the scraps as you rush to fill your squad.

you are right on the latter point as there's too much money at the top. as i relayed a before a young kid (11 i think) was wanted by a club, to conclude the deal his parents insisted on sufficiant money each that they never had to work again and their child paid several thousands per week...
The game has gone bonkers

i accept a club may wish to hold on until a replacement is found but at the same time things can and have changed very quickly in the past and you can be left chasing your tail and picking up the scraps as you rush to fill your squad.

100%! I recall Mapp being frustrated because he had deals that has been hand-shaken on, players promised but then at the last minute the parent club changed their mind.
This prem player that we’re getting that’s on preseason with his current club. Extreme example but if Barcelona say they’re interested where’s he going?
Plus it’s good to complement a strong squad with loans well above our station but if they’re at too high level we can’t sign and then later sell them like we have with so many players from Mapps era.
Finally it looks like we’ll have 4 loans already (the winger, the striker and the two we already have). That’s nearly 50% of your outfield players being loans.

How many loan players do we have?
How many more more are we expecting?
How many can we play in any individual game?

Karl has just confirmed on RadOx that we have had a bid accepted for a player. We have also completed another loan deal. He also said he is 90% certain a player will be coming on loan from a Prem club but they won’t find out for sure until Friday (Marcus Browne)

• React
Reactions: Ian
Karl has just confirmed on RadOx that we have had a bid accepted for a player. We have also completed another loan deal. He also said he is 90% certain a player will be coming on loan from a Prem club but they won’t find out for sure until Friday (Marcus Browne)
Don't ruin it with facts :)

You must of been hearing things... wait we’ve had a bid accepted for a player. That’s not right, because according to a few on hear Tiger has no money! Happy with loans, if they improve the team, and can’t be recalled by their parent clubs it’s a win win situation.

All very intriguing. KR and Tiger doing all they can to bring in the necessary fire power.

Latest KR quotes:

"We can hopefully get one in on Friday, we’re just waiting for his team to do some business before we can cement that"
- West Ham are being heavily linked to the attacker Felipe Anderson, think when he signs Marcus Browne will join us on loan. Maybe Sam Smith from Reading, don't know about any imminent signings by them. I think this is a loan judging by the fact the parent club are waiting.

"You’d like to think by Monday (there would be another). We’ve been told by a Premier League club he will play at the weekend"
- Wolves play on Saturday, keep on eye on whether Jordan Graham features. Cardiff also; could be Omar Bogle. Not sure whether this would be a permanent or loan.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Thanks. Allowed to play five at any one time was the information I wanted.
I believe that EFL league rules covering loan players says that although you can have 5 loan players in your matchday squad (team + subs), only 4 can take any part in the match!
I would like someone ITK to confirm this or clarify the rules for all our sakes?

I believe that EFL league rules covering loan players says that although you can have 5 loan players in your matchday squad (team + subs), only 4 can take any part in the match!
I would like someone ITK to confirm this or clarify the rules for all our sakes?
Thought it was 5 could play

Back
Top Bottom