Current Player Stuart Findlay

Enjoyed him giving Smith a bit of needle this afternoon when the latter went in strong with a tackle on the touchline.

Smith was entirely within his rights to be physical with that particular challenge but it was reassuring to see Findlay impose himself with a few choice words.

Exactly what I want from my centre backs.

Any update on his injury?

Pulled up when running back to make a tactical foul when Burton broke 😒

Spoke with him in the Boardroom after the game, as he came up to see Steve Clarke (Scotland Manager) who was there to watch him. Nothing serious at all, just a knock.

Presumably he picked it up while making that foul which copped him a booking.

Was good to see him walking round with the team at the end, so pleased to hear it’s nothing serious.

Presumably he picked it up while making that foul which copped him a booking.

Was good to see him walking round with the team at the end, so pleased to hear it’s nothing serious.
Yeah, he did. He said he knew he had to stop the Burton player, and took a calculated gamble that it could end in a foul. It was quite funny as Steve Clarke (who seems a great bloke btw) bollocked him and said you need to learn how to foul properly without hurting yourself too!

Alex Dyer was with Steve Clarke, as they worked together at Kilmarnock (with Findlay) and he also was a really nice bloke, although he disagreed with me when I said he was slow!

One thing SC did say is that we haven't seen anything like the best of Stuart Findlay yet.

Yeah, he did. He said he knew he had to stop the Burton player, and took a calculated gamble that it could end in a foul. It was quite funny as Steve Clarke (who seems a great bloke btw) bollocked him and said you need to learn how to foul properly without hurting yourself too!

Alex Dyer was with Steve Clarke, as they worked together at Kilmarnock (with Findlay) and he also was a really nice bloke, although he disagreed with me when I said he was slow!

One thing SC did say is that we haven't seen anything like the best of Stuart Findlay yet.

That’s good to hear. Someone at Wasn’t At The Game described Findlay as quick too, which surprised me. Will keep a closer eye on it in future.

He’s a good solid old fashioned style of defender in that his first object is to defend. He doesn’t look entirely comfortable with the ball at his feet, but maybe he had more time on the ball in the states and is having to adjust to Div 3 football?

That’s good to hear. Someone at Wasn’t At The Game described Findlay as quick too, which surprised me. Will keep a closer eye on it in future.

I don't think he is quick in terms of acceleration but I think he has a reasonable top speed and maintain that speed.

Ha, on Alex Dyer. You should have said he wasn't slow as he never even got close to that speed. :)

That’s a relief to hear that he’s got more in the tank. To me he he’s looked a stock mid-table lge 1 defender so far. I will definitely bow to Steve Clarkes knowledge on him and look forward to an improved version.

Is it me? Thought he was at fault (in losing his man) for the WW goal and looking at the Exeter highlights looks like he was at fault again for their fourth. Add a few more earlier season game errors (which escape my memory) and I'm not sure he's either up to speed yet or good enough - but hope I'm proved wrong. Solution - Browne or Golding at centre back IF we had a decent left back; but that's another story.

Is it me? Thought he was at fault (in losing his man) for the WW goal and looking at the Exeter highlights looks like he was at fault again for their fourth. Add a few more earlier season game errors (which escape my memory) and I'm not sure he's either up to speed yet or good enough - but hope I'm proved wrong. Solution - Browne or Golding at centre back IF we had a decent left back; but that's another story.

Derby.

He's getting there slowly, helped in part by Moore next to him which makes him look a lot more solid. He isn't a ball player though, no matter how much we want him to be. The defensive lapses are partially down to him, and partially down to the rest of the team and system.

Mistakes are magnified at CB...Dickie and McNally both had their own share of cock-ups in their time here.