General 'Spirit In The Sky'

It offends me when the away fans cheer loads after they score, I just don't like it, what can be done about that?

It offends me when the away fans cheer loads after they score, I just don't like it, what can be done about that?
Electrified seats and fire sprinklers in the away end. As soon as the opposition score, turn them on. That'll shut them up.

Electrified seats and fire sprinklers in the away end. As soon as the opposition score, turn them on. That'll shut them up.
I think we need to take a more inclusive approach to the away fans and safeguard their right to self expression. Home fans should be asked to confine their approval to ‘jazz hands’.

Next thing there will be an un-elected quango purporting to represent all of us.

Oh.

I think we need to take a more inclusive approach to the away fans and safeguard their right to self expression. Home fans should be asked to confine their approval to ‘jazz hands’.
Or maybe we should be allowed a Mexican Wave and then we can all join in, whether scoring or scored against. Supporters of the team who've just conceded could do it ironically, thus expressing their disquiet.

And so the gentrification and sterilisation of the game continues at pace.

Where do we stop the see saw tipping? Where do people stop "being offended on behalf of others"?

Its one of the reasons there is little atmosphere in stadia these days - folk are too scared of being thrown out for inadvertently offending someone!

Its equally ironic that referees are still seen as "fair game".......... 🤷‍♂️
Yeah let’s bring back all those lovely chants, after all they are only banter and not meant to be personal or offensive .
P..do,Bl..k B…..d,C..t, etc etc
Let’s bring back that ring of untouchability, where some who attend football, feel they can take on another persona and behave like complete arseholes.

Blimey, you're not letting this one go are you?

Of the various bodies 'purporting' to represent us I'm pretty sure that none of them are quasi-autonomous non-government organisations.

Indeed not. :)

Creating a thing to tick a box never pans out well for the majority - sorry its that word again.

The more "representative quango`s" that are created the more divided society becomes, but that is another thread entirely.

Back
Top Bottom