General Should Des get the players in to train on Christmas Day?

Should the players be in for training on Christmas Day?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Des has said the players will have Christmas Day off. Big mistake IMO.

I think he should have used this an incentive to win the game.

No, I think it's fair enough to let the players have Christmas Day with their families tbh .

Des has said the players will have Christmas Day off. Big mistake IMO.

I think he should have used this an incentive to win the game.
I think it would have more of a negative impact if Des got them in on Christmas Day. Players are human and have family’s.

If the players want to abuse that trust and indulge too much then that is on them and they are just showing the manager they can’t be trusted.
As Des said, these are high performance athletes who need to look after themselves in the right way no matter what day it is.

Unless we are going to alter our approach ( 75 % sideways or backwards) days off seem irrelevant. Perhaps part of the problem is lack of strikers, neither Harris or O'Donkor seem capable of reading/anticipating the build up play, both run around to little purpose, if that's all we're looking for we might as well sign Mo Farah.

I can't answer this poll because the wording is appalling! If I say that the players shouldn't come in on Christmas day (they shouldn't) it makes it look like I'm happy with yesterday's performance (I'm not).

I actually think it's counter productive to overwork them right now. It's a busy point in the calendar and it's not like we have a load of options.

I'd actually go the other way and let them spend even more time off with their families. Give them Christmas Day and Boxing Day off and watch them come back with a bang against Derby.

I actually think it's counter productive to overwork them right now. It's a busy point in the calendar and it's not like we have a load of options.

I'd actually go the other way and let them spend even more time off with their families. Give them Christmas Day and Boxing Day off and watch them come back with a bang against Derby.
arent they 'working' on boxing day ?... or have I been wooshed?

So we simply forfeit Cambridge, or are you suggesting it will be a pantomime!

I wouldn’t, with 20 minutes to go yesterday for some reason they look knackered. The rest should hopefully bring some energy back.

Ahem, there is a big assumption being made for comments on this thread which is that no players want an excuse to get away from their families in the Christmas period. 😁

I would especially if there from Northway and Barton, can’t trust them.

Talk about overreaction, they spend the day at home and he already said they had certain things they needed to do whilst at home.

Back
Top Bottom