Matches Should clubs look at compensating fans?

• Thread starter Steve Gilbert
  • Start date
The argument isn’t whether fans should get a refund or some form of compensation for not attending a whole season worth of games. It’s the fact season ticket holders are paying more to watch games than someone who hasn’t bought a ST.
I didn’t expect to be able to go and watch any games this season but still bought a ST. I knew what I signed up for.
I do however think that due to me paying up front for a season of football shouldn’t come at a higher cost than someone who just pays each week.

It’s a delicate subject because we all have an emotional attachment to the club and still want our club to be there at the end of the season.

To be honest I reckon most ST holders paid out for a gamble that there might be some live action sometime. Reduced crowds etc.
On that basis we gambled and it looks like we "lost".
I`m not concerned in the slightest that someone paying each week is paying less than I.

As you rightly say the survival of the Club is the key for us all.

Do I want anything back for my gamble?

Winning a game would do right now!!

To be honest I reckon most ST holders paid out for a gamble that there might be some live action sometime. Reduced crowds etc.
On that basis we gambled and it looks like we "lost".
I`m not concerned in the slightest that someone paying each week is paying less than I.

As you rightly say the survival of the Club is the key for us all.

Do I want anything back for my gamble?

Winning a game would do right now!!
This is an argument that I have held from the outset. However, while the club continues to outperform all expectations (is that the right phrase?) I can think of better ways to have spent the cost of two expensive season tickets. That said, I don't wish for the club to fall into financial problems which may deter the likes of Tiger from putting his cash into the club.
It's very much a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Somehow, I trust the club to come up with a suitable recompense to season ticket holders in the fulness of time. (the odd victory wouldn't go amiss)

iFollow is something else though. Still haven't had a refund for last season and no offer of a discount on what we had already paid up front for audio coverage of the games. The very same games that we now pay to watch or receive free of cost as season ticket holders! It should follow that all season ticket holders get full access to the iFollow material at no cost.

The clubs could get agreement from ifollow that away games are free for ST holders also. Dont know how the profit is split though so don't know what impact it would have.

Back
Top Bottom