FA Cup Second round draw

Agreed if Darlington get through then a possible TV tie. Maldon & Tiptree definitely on TV for me. If we aren't chosen for a live game if Darlo get through then unfortunately I think we'll end up on that Final Score programme on Sunday with the goals as they go in.

Could have been worse and whomever it is it will require the team to do a professional job again.

Darlington currently mid-table of National League North, ( same league as Brackley Town)

That’s quite a trek for our travelling fans if Darlington get through.

If we get Walsall, we'll get the lowest Football League side still in the competition (assuming Stevenage lose to Posh in their replay). 2 points off the bottom in what I understand is a very weak League 2 this year. Darlington in National League North. Pretty kind draw again tbh.

Is it bad that I had no idea what division Darlington were in and thought I'd missed them when looking at League 2 and the Conference tables?!

Definitely more than winnable but a game that could bite us on the a**e if we are too casual. The opportunity of being in the FA Cup 3rd round, along with League Cup semi to look forward too!

Considering we've just been on BT, and Darlington have their replay on there as well, I'd be surprised if our game was on TV (unless BBC pick it?)

Were not a glamorous team according to the darlington forum. While portsmouth, ipswich and coventry are....

Darlington would be alright - proper non-league away day to a new ground for everyone (albeit a bit of a hike).

Away to Walsall is a bit dull. But winnable, given how lousy they appear to be this season...….

Really, I think it’s a shite draw.

I see what you mean, and yes I’m sure we’d all be a lot happier if we had to travel to Sunderland,Ipswich,Portsmouth or away to Fleetwood. Playing a club in a lower division isn’t good, as it’s a lot tougher to get through.. I think you might be in a minority here! That’s was a good draw, and could of been a hell of a lot worse. We have a cracking chance to progress!

Not a thrilling/exciting/particularly interesting draw but a winnable one against either of them, getting to the third round is the real prize at this stage. Not much chance of tv again even if Darlington get through.

Exactly. In rounds one and two, all you really want is a viable chance to progress so playing sides ranked lower than you is your best bet. The likes of Sunderland and Ipswich may appear attractive but their fans don’t exactly turn out in numbers for these matches.

Whilst the novelty of playing Maldon & Tiptree or Chichester is always preferred, I’d take a NLN or a League 2 side over anyone from League 1. That makes it a decent draw for me.

Is it bad that I had no idea what division Darlington were in and thought I'd missed them when looking at League 2 and the Conference tables?!

Definitely more than winnable but a game that could bite us on the a**e if we are too casual. The opportunity of being in the FA Cup 3rd round, along with League Cup semi to look forward too!

I’d imagine that’s exactly what the West Ham fans said after they were drawn against us in the league cup...

That’s was a good draw, and could of been a hell of a lot worse.
Just because it could have been a lot worse, doesn't make it a good draw. That is very binary thinking. It's not a good draw, but not a bad draw either. Winnable, but also an element of risk in it. The same tie at home, or just about any side at home, would have been, IMHO, a better draw.

Were not a glamorous team according to the darlington forum. While portsmouth, ipswich and coventry are....
I can understand that. They all have bigger and better grounds than us (well, Coventry did have!) , larger fanbases and more recent histories in the top flight, so we're less in the public eye. Makes it all the sweeter when we beat them ;)

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom