Home Match Day Thread Young U's FACUP 5th round tonight LIVESTREAM

Marvellous football, message to ‘Carpy’, pass by Johnson. Elliot-Wheeler also playing with a lot of personality.

It’ll be seriously impressive if they manage this. Am I right in saying that this is already the furthest that any OUFC youth team has gone?
I believe so. I went to a youth fa cup game around 1974, I seem to remember my Dad saying we were near the semi finals but I was only a nipper and can't remember.

Great result. These lads are something to be proud of.

I couldn't understand how Johnson who I thought was man of match against Crystal Palace didn't make a squad for months afterwards even in games when many of the youngsters were involved

I l
Marvellous football, message to ‘Carpy’, pass by Johnson. Elliot-Wheeler also playing with a lot of personality.
Elliott-Wheeler has a bit of Stuart Massey about him.
Not a huge amount of pace but feisty and tenacious, with a lot Of skill

Gatlin O’Donker his 2nd tonight wonder if he will be with us next season?

One of the very few good pieces of business we did last summer was sign GOD up to a two year + 1 year option deal.

Which means that if anyone wants to try and poach him from us before 2025, they have to pay our asking price.

And when he proves - as it sounds like he did today - that he's head and shoulders above anyone in a pretty solid Premier League youth team like Leeds.....you start to wonder just how high that asking price might be. Ademola Lookman, anyone?🤪

Anyways, glad that we do have one team to be seriously proud of this season. Nothing for them to lose at Man City whatsoever......

Back
Top Bottom