Tickets Season Tickets 2023/24

I sent an email on Friday to say that I still hadn’t received my e-season ticket. I got an immediate automated reply to say I would get a response within a couple of working days and so didn’t expect any real response until Tuesday at the earliest.

I got two emails at just after 9 this morning, one from the ticket office to say they would resend my season ticket immediately and then one with my ticket attached.

I obviously didn’t expect that on a Sunday! Well done to the club and a big thank you. Very impressed 🙏

Didn't Colin have over 5,200 a couple of weeks ago?
That seems a lot of 'freebies'?

That also included the half season tickets so I think the number of full season tickets was around 4600. We have exceeded that but probably a little shy of 5000.

Let’s have it straight, if our club cannot flog 5,000 ‘paid for’ ST’s then some need to consider /temper the transfer expectations.

I think our owners have demonstrated their commitment to us and our club. It would seem some would like a kings ransom spent on transfers, while a lemonade budget return comes from the supporters.

Sub 5,000 sales at this stage is massively disappointing. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

That also included the half season tickets so I think the number of full season tickets was around 4600. We have exceeded that but probably a little shy of 5000.
I don't think half season tickets even go on sale until later in the season.So it must be full season tickets.

I don't think half season tickets even go on sale until later in the season.So it must be full season tickets.

The final total of 5200 last season included half season tickets and, I assume, staff tickets. The actual number of paid for, full season tickets were around 4600. I think that we've sold around 4900 this season with another pay day before the season starts. I wouldn't be surprised to see us break the 5000 barrier, especially with the direct debit option being more attractive.

A big signing or two wouldn't go amiss, and I think the club could also do more to promote all payment options and they compare with on the day costs.

I had exactly 5,300 last Wednesday. That doesn’t include half season tickets, as they’re not on sale yet.

I can’t reconcile that there would be more than 300 freebies of various types, so we must be “managing” the announcement of 5,000?

I had exactly 5,300 last Wednesday. That doesn’t include half season tickets, as they’re not on sale yet.

I can’t reconcile that there would be more than 300 freebies of various types, so we must be “managing” the announcement of 5,000?

The 4900 figure I heard was from a week ago, so hopefully we have indeed sold more the 5000 now.

I don't know how many seats are reserved for staff/guests but agree that 300 would seem high.

So, we have dot counters and hearsay and then we have silence from the club.

Here's a thought, why don't OUSP/OxVox actually ask the club to put out an official count?

Didn't Colin have over 5,200 a couple of weeks ago?
That seems a lot of 'freebies'?

We sold 600 half season tickets last season? Seriously???

Six hundred supporters, who were up until December not season ticket holders, thought "I like what I've seen so far, and don't want to miss any more of this - count me in for the remainder".

Remarkable.

Six hundred supporters, who were up until December not season ticket holders, thought "I like what I've seen so far, and don't want to miss any more of this - count me in for the remainder".

Remarkable.
Either that or there was a few hundred happy wives at home I can imagine it now... You bastard this is your punishment go and watch Oxford 🤣🤣

Hopefully under the new management, I'm quietly confident that we will have a decent start. Lots of fans without ST's will be hoping for a half season one for Christmas

Hopefully under the new management, I'm quietly confident that we will have a decent start. Lots of fans without ST's will be hoping for a half season one for Christmas
Why wait until Christmas why not get a full season ticket I appreciate cost of living and all that but if you're a fan who attends regularly enough to want a half season ticket surely with the finance option or D.D option its cheaper to buy a full season ticket

Remarkable.

It ALSO included half season tickets, maybe a couple of hundred and that figure may have been inflated with those looking to get an Arsenal ticket. It also included tickets for staff, guests and presumably complimentary tickets too.

Many of these are returned when we have bigger games, but obviously that didn't happen last season with the exception of Arsenal and Accrington, so it may have looked larger than we would otherwise have reported.

I think there is more accurate reporting this season on actual paid tickets, and that's a good thing.

The 4900 figure I heard was from a week ago, so hopefully we have indeed sold more the 5000 now.

I don't know how many seats are reserved for staff/guests but agree that 300 would seem high.

About half of one block in B9 SSU. Half way back to the back of the stand.

About half of one block in B9 SSU. Half way back to the back of the stand.

There's 70 odd seats blocked out across 3 rows towards the back, but I think other seats are also used in this block. (I was sat between Sam Long and Elliott Moore family only a few rows from the front at the Barnsley game last season).

We then offer a matchday ticket to turnstile operators, along with tickets for other staff. Then I guess that there are also tickets reserved for mascots and flag wavers and their families etc.

In total we're probably looking at a couple of hundred or more seats that are reserved in some capacity but not part of those actually sold.

Here's a thought, why don't OUSP/OxVox actually ask the club to put out an official count?

It's not silence, it's managing the announcements through pre season to keep fans excited through pre season.

Why?

The club have a communications team and choose to put out information when they deem it to be appropriate.

Do you honestly think that OxVox will be storming the training ground, pinning Chris Williams to the wall and demanding that he sits in front of a camera to announce 4972 season ticket sales like he's just been shot out of a Tornado over Iraq?!

There's 70 odd seats blocked out across 3 rows towards the back, but I think other seats are also used in this block. (I was sat between Sam Long and Elliott Moore family only a few rows from the front at the Barnsley game last season).

We then offer a matchday ticket to turnstile operators, along with tickets for other staff. Then I guess that there are also tickets reserved for mascots and flag wavers and their families etc.

In total we're probably looking at a couple of hundred or more seats that are reserved in some capacity but not part of those actually sold.

Youth team players also sit in block 9 on matchdays.

It just seems an odd thing to manage slowly. Marketing recognizes that demand breeds demand. The quicker the number goes up the more others realise it’s a popular product and get into MIMO mode . If it’s the case I’d be interested to hear someone with more marketing nouse than me what the idea is

It's not silence, it's managing the announcements through pre season to keep fans excited through pre season.
Why?

The club have a communications team and choose to put out information when they deem it to be appropriate.

Do you honestly think that OxVox will be storming the training ground, pinning Chris Williams to the wall and demanding that he sits in front of a camera to announce 4972 season ticket sales like he's just been shot out of a Tornado over Iraq?!

We really need a sarcasm font on here. That, or a filter for the bloody, bleeding, blinding obvious to assist those in need.

Back
Top Bottom